• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They have a unique binding post arrangement. It makes sense.
wharefdale.png

SPFC

After Amir's recent review, in-wall speakers are getting my attention. Pay for the drivers and not for expensive enclosures. Please review more in-wall speakers!

NoSnakeOil2

Honestly, I believe 200 USD/pair is too low to get sound suitable for more than background noise out of a multi-way-system. Your best bet at enjoyable sound - sacrificing extension and SPL - would probably be a broadbander... not a market I'm very familiar with.

Edit: Fuck it: https://www.jamo.com/products/s-803
They have a waveguide at least and Jamo is a manufacturer of decent scale and experience so maybe they pulled something out of the hat here...
jamo-s-803-noyer.jpg
Good choice! It also has the port in front, which is preferable for using the speakers in small rooms. If memory serves, Amir has reviewed a few budget speakers like JBLs that are inexpensive but measure quite well. I'd also like to see comparisons of budget speakers with Amir's previous reviews of mid-tier and luxury speakers of similar cabinet size.

Top Bottom