• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DAC/AMP Recommendation

madmanmandzu

Hi everyone

My office is re-opening in Sept and i'd love to bring my current setup which is a Gustard X16/H16 stack. I owned a Topping D90/A90 and actually "downgraded" to the Gustard because i enjoyed it more.

So i'll need to pick up something new for my home office and wanted to know if the RME ADI-2 DAC FS would be a good solution? How's the power output, will they be able to drive a 300ohm set of headphones? My headphones i use at home are the Focal Clear MG, Sennheiser HD 660s, Hifiman Sundara and Audeze LCD-X (thinking of bringing these to the office).

Not interested in Schiit's or anything else that will be difficult to get in Canada. I also don't feel like waiting 10 weeks for a new amp/dac

Thanks

someguyontheinternet

Hi everyone

My office is re-opening in Sept and i'd love to bring my current setup which is a Gustard X16/H16 stack. I owned a Topping D90/A90 and actually "downgraded" to the Gustard because i enjoyed it more.

So i'll need to pick up something new for my home office and wanted to know if the RME ADI-2 DAC FS would be a good solution? How's the power output, will they be able to drive a 300ohm set of headphones? My headphones i use at home are the Focal Clear MG, Sennheiser HD 660s, Hifiman Sundara and Audeze LCD-X (thinking of bringing these to the office).

Not interested in Schiit's or anything else that will be difficult to get in Canada. I also don't feel like waiting 10 weeks for a new amp/dac

Thanks

The ADI2-DAC has more than enough power to get 300Ohm headphones very loud. I have no issues at all from sensitive IEMs to the 600Ohm DT990s.

Silgalias

Hi everyone

Thanks
How does the H16 sound with the X16?
I have an X16 for my Hifi system and I,m looking for a good headphone amp to pair it with.

Top Bottom