• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions for configuration hi res / vinyl

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
1 - is it stupid to use active speakers connected to the Loxjie A30?
Well, it's cumbersome at least... you'd have to sacrifice the headphone output to connect them. There are other devices better suited to this task.
2 - Is the Loxjie A30able to work fine with Wharfedale DIAMOND 12.1 ? They're on my top list now..
I don't see why not. The amp seems to be capable of about 50 W / 4 ohms, well within the 20-100 W recommendation for the Wharfedales. Should be good for a nominal 102 dB SPL peak @ 1 m anechoic, which seems fine for a bookshelf used at moderate distance (I don't think I would recommend much more than 1.5 m if you can help it).

Last edited:
OP
P

pnobrega

Well, it's cumbersome at least... you'd have to sacrifice the headphone output to connect them. There are other devices better suited to this task.

I don't see why not. The amp seems to be capable of about 50 W / 4 ohms, well within the 20-100 W recommendation for the Wharfedales. Should be good for a nominal 102 dB SPL peak @ 1 m anechoic, which seems fine for a bookshelf used at moderate distance (I don't think I would recommend much more than 1.5 m if you can help it).

I have no idea of what you said, but if you say it will work i believe it... tho i was think more of beeing at 2/2.5m from the speakers..

thanks for the answer

OP
P

pnobrega

ok, last question, probably.. this works? makes sense?

hifi.png

Top Bottom