• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is the designer here?

What size is the DC plug?

A 15Vdc 2A power supply is sufficient "headroom" for this amp?
Yes. That gives you 30 wats and this thing only produces 2 watts or so.

It is a standard barrel connector but I don't know the dimensions.

The designer is not here but company rep is @peterwen .

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How didi you attached the ground? Curious to see.
I ran a ground wire from Audio Precision to the output RCA connectors. Actually had to do that for both channels. This was from the AP output.

YSC

Major Contributor
Wait, did I misread at H2 gain it didn’t clip at 5W?

Labjr

Major Contributor
I wonder if the relays are a well known reliable brand like Omron?

Edit: It appears they are.

Attachments

• A10H.jpg
    A10H.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Thanks Amir. The remote and volume control uogrades make this an incredible value for a SOTA device. Great work to your team @peterwen !

peniku8

Forum Donor
Single ended has clean output if designed properly like in this case.

It's not about the signal it delivers in the 'best case scenario' (which is ofc excellent, as we can see), it's about noise rejection.
Not having balanced connections just introduces one more possible problem into the system, which I'd gladly spend an extra 30 bucks on (like in the case of the D10) to have my peace of mind.
You might never run into issues with it, but I did (multiple times) and don't feel like dealing with that, if I can avoid it.
If not having balanced connections causes you issues, it won't be easy to resolve, imo.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
@amirm Would you consider running a channel separation vs frequency at (varying levels) sweep on this unit? We know they are using DPDT relays which handle both channels for the 256 level (2^8 ) volume so there may be some capacitive coupling between channels.

YSC

Major Contributor
??? I only got 1.1 watt. To get higher you would have to pump higher than 2 volts into it.
Ah I think that’s reading from phone problem, I misread the 5Vrms to be 5W

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dumb question-what sort of output device (s) does this employ? Some sort of IC? Seems like a lot of power for a small HP amp.

Sombreuil

Just finished reading the thread dedicated to the A10h and I'm a bit confused. Can it explode like the L30 or not?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Just ordered one. I think this should work great to remotely adjust the volume of my subs based on overall listening level. Hopefully I don't get ground loop issue.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Just ordered one. I think this should work great to remotely adjust the volume of my subs based on overall listening level. Hopefully I don't get ground loop issue.

Report back how it works with subwoofers. I get always customers asking for remote controlled volume devices and this one looks like a very well engineered and affordable solution.

Top Bottom