• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
It actually looks to be a flawless little device. Response out to 500kHz, large swing, no distortion, perfect channel balance and a very high performance headphone stage.

And inexpensive.

norcalscott

Forum Donor
$120 for this kind of performance and features. What a time to be alive.

bahamot

Be aware though, prof @WolfX-700 measurement shows some power frequency interference: https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/sabaj-a10h/
LowGainNoise-scaled.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I’m always worried about Golden samples when the company sends it in directly. Much better for them to provide a coupon so that Amir can buy one himself and then return to company.

Tatteredmidnight

Looks like an amazing little device. High fidelity, remote controlled, volume controls for active monitors are surprisingly hard to find. In my perfect world, this would be balanced in/out, but that doesn’t diminish what this device delivers. Having a fast and glitch free stepped attenuator and instrument grade headphone amplifier at this price is unbelievable. We live in a golden age of headphone amplifiers for sure.

GWolfman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I addressed that in my review. If he grounds the Audio Precision outputs to the A10h, almost all of that goes away resulting in the measurements I have.
What would the comsuer need to do, if anything, to resolve this flaw/issue at home?

Connect a wire somewhere on the DAC to the RCA ground on the HPA side?

Ismapics

I addressed that in my review. If he grounds the Audio Precision outputs to the A10h, almost all of that goes away resulting in the measurements I have.
How didi you attached the ground? Curious to see.

PeteL

Major Contributor
What would the comsuer need to do, if anything, to resolve this flaw/issue at home?

Connect a wire somewhere on the DAC to the RCA ground on the HPA side?
I believe this is specific to the audio Precision, to have floating ground, but it does show that balanced connection has it's benefit when upstream you can potentially have all kind of configurations.

peniku8

Forum Donor
This would make for an excellent, compact and versatile rig paired with the Topping D10. I wish it bad balanced I/O thou, RCA kinda always looks to me like a disease I can't get rid of.

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This function is very interesting:
Nice, indeed. OTOH, "Pr0" versus "Pr1"? You get used to it, if you use it all the time. If that doesn't happen - or you need to tell somebody else what setting to use - less ideal. How much more effort would it have been to use "HP" & "RCA" or "LO" (line out), Sabaj?

Seems like these affordable DACs & headphone amps sure have spoiled us. Most everything is so good, even in absolute terms, that we do a lot of nitpicking. As above. Or: I'd seriously consider a Pro version with internal PSU, XLRs, and amber display at $150.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Is the designer here?

What size is the DC plug?

A 15Vdc 2A power supply is sufficient "headroom" for this amp?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There is nothing you can do. If you get ground loops, then you are mostly hosed. :) Best to then use optical connection to your DAC or step up and get a balanced input headphone amplifier.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
My biggest gripe with my Schiit Magni 3 is the volume pot, which despite numerous gentle de-ox attempts, remains scratchy when changing volume. Sounds like this volume control is a big step up. Overkill, though, as I really have no need for a remote with a headphone amp. I'm very interested in Sabaj stuff, seems like it is good overall...

Top Bottom