• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

archerious

Follow here.

I do not feel I can do those steps. Also does warranty get void if we open the unit? I am concerned I might crack or damage the chassis when opening it.

gustard

Audio Company
I do not feel I can do those steps. Also does warranty get void if we open the unit? I am concerned I might crack or damage the chassis when opening it.

You can also get help from your local dealer.

Cirodx

I have gustard x16 and topping a90, do you think it is better to adjust the volume from the dac or from the amplifier?

RHO

Major Contributor

Roland68

Major Contributor

cecelo01

Here, my X16 is normal on my main system. No problem detected in DSD range range.

20210516.jpg

20210704_090828.jpg

20210704_091521.jpg

X16 > Luxman > M.A Golds 200 4G

Attachments

• 20210729_163311.jpg
    20210729_163311.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 107

RHO

Major Contributor
Hoe is the build quality of these Gustard products compared to Topping products?
I'm interested in quality of the contacts in the headphones and XLR sockets and buttons and volume control.

cecelo01

Hoe is the build quality of these Gustard products compared to Topping products?
I'm interested in quality of the contacts in the headphones and XLR sockets and buttons and volume control.

I had several Topping dacs. In my headphone set I have the D10s. I consider Gustard dacs of superior quality, in construction and finishing.

Panduro

Hey guys, is there any power on pop Sound? does the dac power Down or go into stand-by mode atuamaticly?

ben

prateek

You can also get help from your local dealer.
Hello @gustard , I have a question about A22 Dual AK4499 DAC. I am posting it here as there are no relevant and active threads for A22
Does it support DSD Direct feature like the RME ADI-2 DAC 4490/93 versions?

roller54

For anyone trying to complete the firmware upgrade and trying to locate a USB programmer, I purchased/used the following from Ebay and it worked perfectly: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324610570919?hash=item4b944c3aa7:g:81kAAOSwmStglWsw

Please note, the Gustard provided instructions worked perfectly with the Mega file containing the software/firmware, but as noted somewhere in the forum, you will need to remove the 5V pin and reinsert to start/complete the MCU check and do the same for the firmware upgrade.

Hope that helps anyone thinking about doing the firmware upgrade.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Quick question, from who you guys got your X16 here in the USA? I see it only available at Amazon from SHENZHENAUDIO. I wanted to purchase it from Apos Audio as I did with my MA mini-i Pro 3 but it’s out of stock currently at Apos Audio.

Thanks for any inside!!

Mio

It should also work. Make sure you have the correct driver for CP2102 and start from the second step in attached tutorial.
Hi Gustard!

Have a FTDI USB to TTL programmer. Do you think it will also work with this (of course with correct driver)? I bought the DAC from Shenzhenaudio and I'm from Sweden. I don't want to send it back if I can make your suggested modification.
Thank you for your support!

k525

Hi Gustard!

Have a FTDI USB to TTL programmer. Do you think it will also work with this (of course with correct driver)? I bought the DAC from Shenzhenaudio and I'm from Sweden. I don't want to send it back if I can make your suggested modification.
Thank you for your support!
Hi

in my opinion it should work, I was able to flash using a cp2021 programmer, remember the trick of disconnect and reconnect the 5v pin otherwise the flash process will not start

let me know

Mio

Hi

in my opinion it should work, I was able to flash using a cp2021 programmer, remember the trick of disconnect and reconnect the 5v pin otherwise the flash process will not start

let me know
Thank you for reminding me
I'm right know try to open the case.
The "copper pillar" in the right upper corner is a little bit tricky...

k525

Hi

I opened it a couple of time without too much issues, there was some strong screw somewhere, I did not find any critical issue opening, if I remember well was not required to unscrew some connectors (may be the optical input, sorry i am out now..) somewhere in this forum you can find my experience, I was able to flash using a Mac!

Mio

Hi

I opened it a couple of time without too much issues, there was some strong screw somewhere, I did not find any critical issue opening, if I remember well was not required to unscrew some connectors (may be the optical input, sorry i am out now..) somewhere in this forum you can find my experience, I was able to flash using a Mac!

I have managed to take it apart and also attached the programmer.
But I'm not sure how to remove the ribbon screen cable or if it's ok to leave it connected?
Is it a must to disconnect the screen?

k525

I have managed to take it apart and also attached the programmer.
But I'm not sure how to remove the ribbon screen cable or if it's ok to leave it connected?
Is it a must to disconnect the screen?
Hi
Just pull the ribbon, you cannot live it connected

Top Bottom