• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I know as I try to stretch my dollars to review audio products, I love to take advantage of sales. Massdrop has become my favorite as of late but there are also other sources such as one-day discounts at ebay, etc. Some companies also have sales, "B" stock, etc.

Timing is very important on these sales so it is important to get notification of them in time to act. For that reason I thought I create this thread for members to post links to interesting products to membership that have sales going on.

Of course pure spam and product promotion by manufacturer are disallowed.

It is also OK to post this information in the relative threads for the products (e.g. the ones I review). But also put a link here for general reference.

Thanks in advance for everyone's contributions. :)

esm

Forum Donor

NTTY

I’d like to see this one Gustard tested here :)

esm

Forum Donor
I ended up getting in on this drop, but I suspect the shipping costs to and from Amir would be prohibitive on a product this large (13" x 10.2" x 2.6", about 15lbs).

But yes, I'd love to see reasonable measurements of this amp too, and even more-so, I'd love to see the effect of swapping in different op-amps (like the Sparkos or Burson discretes, vs. the pair of LME49720s that it ships with), since Gustard was kind enough to socket them in the H20.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
HE-560 is 499 USD now, from the original 999 USD. Most stores are selling it at around 499 USD now: Hifiman, Amazon etc.

esm

Forum Donor
I was a little surprised to see Dynaudio kit on Massdrop. Then saw this this comment.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, they had the same problem with a bunch of Canon kit too. Hard to convince someone to spend $2k on a lens or body when they're only saving $50-100 and potentially lose their warranty.

Anyway, $50+ off a LYD 5/7/8 ;)

Edit: Looks like Massdrop pulled it?

Last edited:

Timbo2

As a happy owner of a pair of the somewhat controversial Sennheiser HD600s I wanted to give everyone the heads up that Massdrop is running what seems to be its every 6 month offering of their custom branded and configured HD650s that they call the HD6XX. At $200 it's a really nice deal with the assumption you like the Sennheiser sound of course.

dc655321

Major Contributor
Campfire Andromeda (et al) B-Stock sale.
Regular $1100, $850 here.
IMO, one of the best sounding iems on the market.
Fit wasn't for me so I reluctantly returned my pair last Nov.

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Campfire Andromeda (et al) B-Stock sale.
Regular $1100, $850 here.
IMO, one of the best sounding iems on the market.
Fit wasn't for me so I reluctantly returned my pair last Nov.
I have always had a problem with ear plugs or iem's. My ear canal on my right ear must be an odd size, shape. Even ear plugs at work I had a hard time getting them to seal correctly on the right ear. The left ear is great though!

Timbo2

I have always had a problem with ear plugs or iem's. My ear canal on my right ear must be an odd ize, shape. Even ear plugs at work I had a hard time getting them to seal correctly on the right ear. The left ear is great though!

I actually much prefer IEMs to full headphones as I find them much more comfortable. But I can't justify $850. It was painful paying $400 for a set of Shure SE 535s. They most certainly DO sound better than my SE215s, but you really start spending lots of money for small return. But someday I'd love to own a pair of the Campfires. I've read lots of good things about them.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have always had a problem with ear plugs or iem's. My ear canal on my right ear must be an odd size, shape. Even ear plugs at work I had a hard time getting them to seal correctly on the right ear. The left ear is great though!
Nothing stays in my ears either including the noise reduction ear plugs (they just fall out). The only ones that work are the foam ones which is what I used with my Etymotic.

Top Bottom