• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTB: Remote for Topping DX7

OP
stunta

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes that was me but the seller was Shenzhen something via Newegg . I would be very surprised if you get a DX7.

I posted an amazon link earlier for the remote. Either Logitech remote should work I think.

FunctionalDoc

Thanks on which mode to get if I don't get a remote.

Will I then go to Logitech to look up the programing code for the Dx7?

Thanks for your help .

OP
stunta

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Logitech has a program you install and it will let you select Topping. It will download and install the codes for you

Jorj

Forum Donor
You either need the code or have to put the universal programmer in "learning mode" which obviously requires having the unit.

Since I have the remote, I may be able to help with the later. Maybe I can buy the universal remote, program it and send it to you? The "hex" code can be captured and sent to people but I am not sure cheap universal programmers have this kind of programmability.

@amirm Do you mind capturing those codes for me? I use my IR blaster on my tablet and can program the codes in quite easily via XML.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm Do you mind capturing those codes for me? I use my IR blaster on my tablet and can program the codes in quite easily via XML.
I don't have an IR capture device unfortunately.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
How can you capture codes with an IR USB device? Is there a program to do it? I have an IR capture device for my HTPC and I have a DX7 w/ remote obviously. I will do it for you if you can give me a software that can raw read the IR receiver.

Jorj

Forum Donor
How can you capture codes with an IR USB device? Is there a program to do it? I have an IR capture device for my HTPC and I have a DX7 w/ remote obviously. I will do it for you if you can give me a software that can raw read the IR receiver.

If your HTPC has a receiver and not just a blaster, you might be able to find a program that can access it. Most of the recommendations I'm seeing are to grab an Arduino and use that, but I'm betting that setup is non-trivial also. I'd think that if you had an IR-receiver and an oscilloscope, you could get the raw I/O stream, which is easy to convert using any of a number of websites out there.

FYI, Topping service did provide the attached C files, which I assume are the sections of CPLD code that control the IR inputs. I could not distinguish the protocol from these, but perhaps one of the more experienced members of the forum could. I did make a half-hearted attempt to translate the Chinese characters in the IR.c file header lines.

Attachments

• IR.c.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 404
  • IR.h.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 455

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Event ghost might be able to do it, been a few years since I played with it though.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
If your HTPC has a receiver and not just a blaster, you might be able to find a program that can access it. Most of the recommendations I'm seeing are to grab an Arduino and use that, but I'm betting that setup is non-trivial also. I'd think that if you had an IR-receiver and an oscilloscope, you could get the raw I/O stream, which is easy to convert using any of a number of websites out there.

FYI, Topping service did provide the attached C files, which I assume are the sections of CPLD code that control the IR inputs. I could not distinguish the protocol from these, but perhaps one of the more experienced members of the forum could. I did make a half-hearted attempt to translate the Chinese characters in the IR.c file header lines.
This is code to look for/read IR codes...
I am a C programmer lol this is very simple stuff. But in the .h file....

#define RC_1X_IR_HEADPHONE 0X04
#define RC_1X_IR_LINEOUT 0X40
#define RC_1X_IR_INPUT_L 0X47
#define RC_1X_IR_INPUT_R 0X15
#define RC_1X_IR_VOL_INC 0X46
#define RC_1X_IR_VOL_DEC 0X16
#define RC_1X_IR_MUTE 0X06
#define RC_1X_IR_POWER 0X18
#define RC_1X_IR_HEADPHONE_LINEOUT 0X55
#define RC_1X_IR_A 0X10
#define RC_1X_IR_DIS 0X14
#define RC_1X_IR_FIR 0X54
#define RC_1X_IR_IIR 0X50

#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_USB 0X10
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_COAX 0X11
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_OPT 0X12
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_AES 0X0E
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_VOL_INC 0X15
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_VOL_DEC 0X0D
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_MUTE 0X14
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_POWER 0X00
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_DAC 0X04
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_DAC_EAR 0X05
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_EAR 0X16

These are bytevalues, so those may be the codes?

Jorj

Forum Donor
This is code to look for/read IR codes...
I am a C programmer lol this is very simple stuff. But in the .h file....

These are bytevalues, so those may be the codes?

Yes, the code is quite simple and readable even for a non-programmer like me. But those bytecodes are transformed by the IR chipset into pulses, and if we knew the protocol, then we could use them. NEC is the most common protocol, but I tested against that protocol with no success.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Yes, the code is quite simple and readable even for a non-programmer like me. But those bytecodes are transformed by the IR chipset into pulses, and if we knew the protocol, then we could use them. NEC is the most common protocol, but I tested against that protocol with no success.
That's what I figured because I doubt it could just send "bytes" as there has to be a protocol to send said bytes with.
I'm not familiar with how IR works, so I imagine it would be some binary pulses of some sort, maybe similar to garage door openers.

dragonspit4

You either need the code or have to put the universal programmer in "learning mode" which obviously requires having the unit.

Since I have the remote, I may be able to help with the later. Maybe I can buy the universal remote, program it and send it to you? The "hex" code can be captured and sent to people but I am not sure cheap universal programmers have this kind of programmability.

Can you tell me what battery DX7s use? I don't know which battery I should buy.
Thanks.

cfgauss

Greetings everyone! I'm new here. My name is Carlos. It's about 1 week that I got my Dx7s and I'm in love with it!

I've being reading about the remote as I don't have one and just discovered that I can record remotes with my Phone and use it as a remote.

The thing is. Does anyone here with the Dx7s remote have a Huawei Phone that can record remotes? For example, the Mate 20 Pro. Maybe the recorded remote bytes could be shared to other Huawei users?

cfgauss

The Huawei software is limited to a few templates. I see this template have all the required buttons:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190122_085318_com.huawei.android.remotecontroller.jpg
    Screenshot_20190122_085318_com.huawei.android.remotecontroller.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 147

daniel_l

Hey everyone,
Using the irplus app ( great remote controller for android) , a trusty HTC one M7 (used as an IR reader) and the actual dx7s remote, I was able to make a fully functional dx7s remote for my phone.
In-case any one is still looking I'm adding the remote i made.
Inside the the zip container you will find a .lircplus file which you can easily import from inside irplus app.
If you just need "raw" code you can open the .lircplus file with any txt editor and copy from there.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• TOPPING - DX7s Remote .zip
    865 bytes · Views: 219
  • dx7s remote.png
    dx7s remote.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 331
  • import.jpg
    import.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Top Bottom