• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
upload_2018-4-14_14-31-1.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Those MOSFETs look misty.
Oh no the misty Toshiba mosfets. I had a Counterpoint with all tube circuitry feeding Toshiba Mosfets for the output. Complete with misty sound. I've got to give it credit though it did drive my Acoustat Twos very well and that is not an easy load for an amp.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh no the misty Toshiba mosfets. I had a Counterpoint with all tube circuitry feeding Toshiba Mosfets for the output. Complete with misty sound. I've got to give it credit though it did drive my Acoustat Twos very well and that is not an easy load for an amp.

Thinking about MOSFET mist, I wonder if Sam Tellig could be persuaded to post on this forum. I realize his perspective does not comport with the predominant one here, but it would be like having our besotted uncle on the forum.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Oh no the misty Toshiba mosfets.

The J115/K405s pictured above still have the mist inside. The ones I replaced however, had well and truly let the mist out. ;)

Misty. Seriously, who came up with that drivel? Was it Sam T originally?

Wombat

Master Contributor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The Marantz PM-95 runs in Class A or Class AB (switchable) and I detect no audible mist.

Neither there should be on a flagship 27.5kg AU$5999 amplifier (price in 1990).

Gosh, I had no idea this was a "thing."

Get on to Audio Precision - they'll have some ludicrously priced 'spectral mist 3D visual plugin' for your AP... :)

Top Bottom