• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Xduoo MT-604: DAC / Pre-Amp

STF_YVR

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a DAC / Pre-Amp with balanced out that would pair well with the MT-604 ?

I am currently using it with the IFI Zen DAC V2 and that works fine (except for the front 4.4mm balanced input on the 604: not very convenient) but this one is meant to return in another room and I am keen to try something new.

Thx,

Sigfried

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a DAC / Pre-Amp with balanced out that would pair well with the MT-604 ?

I am currently using it with the IFI Zen DAC V2 and that works fine (except for the front 4.4mm balanced input on the 604: not very convenient) but this one is meant to return in another room and I am keen to try something new.

Thx,
Just seeing your post 10 months later. Was wondering if you ended up with a DAC/Pre-Amp that you found enjoyable? I also use the Zen Dac into a MT-604. I use an adaptor however and go into the XLR's on the back of the 604. Enjoy it very much. Some people have mentioned that they are using the 604 as a Pre-Amp/Tube Buffer to go into another amplifier. I don't understand how they are running it that way with only the two balanced INPUT connections (one front and one back)?

DrIacozKnows

Just seeing your post 10 months later. Was wondering if you ended up with a DAC/Pre-Amp that you found enjoyable? I also use the Zen Dac into a MT-604. I use an adaptor however and go into the XLR's on the back of the 604. Enjoy it very much. Some people have mentioned that they are using the 604 as a Pre-Amp/Tube Buffer to go into another amplifier. I don't understand how they are running it that way with only the two balanced INPUT connections (one front and one back)?
If you allow me, I can explain to you.
Here we go: plug 4 pin male to 4.4 mm female adapter in 604 frontal 4 pin output and now you can plug a 4.4 mm male to 2 XLR male cable from 4.4 mm female adapter to your XLR amplifier input.
I hope helped.

OP
S

STF_YVR

Hi Sorry, for the late reply, not really, I have been using it with a Topping DAC that has a volume control but I keep hopping that Xduoo release something for the 604 to make a good looking stack.

Top Bottom