• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is it ok to leave a DAC always on?

norcalscott

Forum Donor
I leave a couple of DACs and a couple of media-centric PC's running continuously. Before @Eidie jumps all over me - I have solar and put more back into the grid that I take out most days :)

sq225917

Major Contributor
Yawn, the green police are out. I cycle to work every day and only have one child, what's your green credentials?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yawn, the green police are out. I cycle to work every day and only have one child, what's your green credentials?
Not the place to debate these. Your contributions are well appreciated.. it remains leaving a DAC on, is wasteful while serving no purpose.

sq225917

Major Contributor
It means I don't have to wait 5 minutes for the clock to come up to temp each time

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Green morality judgments are as far as I am concerned political talk and I will say I want zero of that nature discussion.

london_r

My MOTU M2 has been on continuously for nearly a year, and other than a little male-pattern baldness and a touch of ED now and again I've suffered no ill effects....

Lol - best comment in a long time… nothing to worry about as you say !

Top Bottom