• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Have you read any of your own posts? You still claiming to be a physicist? Rocket scientist? It was hard to keep up.

As Yoda would say, "Feed it you mustn't."

Katji

Major Contributor
The problem I have with replying to these is that I am forced to evade mentioning the obvious.

pads

If anything Mr. Kait is solid entertainment value, his teleportation, little clocks, dots and crystal tweaks are legend. The man is a master troll.

Geoffkait

Aerospace Engineering, the first class in AE at Virginia right around Kennedy’s announcement of US space program - theoretical propulsion, fluid mechanics, indeterminate structures, statistical thermodynamics, atomic physics, quantum mechanics came later. It’s really not that difficult.

Reactions: trs

egellings

Major Contributor
I read reviews of audiophool products just for laffs[sic] and entertainment. What surprises me is that people can actually believe that stuff. Likely, they've made audio into some kind of a religion, where beliefs rule.

Katji

Major Contributor
How dare you insult one of our 45 sponsors that pay to put tiled adverts littered upon our free and open discussion forum slash review site!

Every time I go to one of those sites, I just keep thinking to myself how distasteful it all really is.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if we had ads like that here. ...I suppose some of the advertisers would just stop advertising here.

Geoffkait

Geoffkait said:
Gee, I haven’t seen so many logical fallacies in one place since I left Kalamazoo.

Audio2design replied,
Have you read any of your own posts? You still claiming to be a physicist? Rocket scientist? It was hard to keep up.

>>>I don’t doubt that it was hard for you to keep up.

Reactions: trs

audio2design

Major Contributor
Oh Geoff, we have had this dance before. It is so easy to get you riled up. This ain't Audiogon. Actual engineers and physicists here, with advanced degrees and practical experience in this field. It won't be just me calling you out, but I am up to the task. They see your educational claims and recognize it as typical Bachelor level engineering courses. They won't find any papers authored by you (high school does not count), and certainly no contributions to audio or electronics. To quote Shania Twain, "that don't impress me much". You are not even a rocket scientist, though you have attempted to play one on the internet.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes and no, as I said some recording studios do better than others. Moment! and Water Lilly spring to mind, I’m 100% sure other studios are also interested in these sorts of things, you know, how to get the best sound. I also suspect the main problems in sound generally at at home, there‘s much to be done.

So in that case you only need all this crazy crap if you want to get the best out of the recordings made in a handful of studios. So with anything recorded anywhere else, or recorded there before they put all the crazy crap in, then the replay system is fine without it too?

Even if it were true I don't see that it's worth going to the time or the expense just for that.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
It would be interesting to see what would happen if we had ads like that here. ...I suppose some of the advertisers would just stop advertising here.
We don’t have adds here. None, as in Zero, Nada, nilch.:cool:

David Harper

Geoff isn't all bad. He was a source of great entertainment for me in his prolonged antagonism against a guy who is infinitely more annoying. The guy is Michael Green. A guy who is more full of it than anyone I've ever experienced in my life. No exaggeration. You would have to read the stereophile forums of 10-20 years ago to understand just how full of it this guy is.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Several years ago a person who used to be on a forum he and I frequented ( He went to found another forum who is devoted to the Highest End Audio ) maintained that when he moved his cables it would take weeks for the system to settle and, of course, he could hear the differences...o_O

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Geoff isn't all bad. He was a source of great entertainment for me in his prolonged antagonism against a guy who is infinitely more annoying. The guy is Michael Green. A guy who is more full of it than anyone I've ever experienced in my life. No exaggeration. You would have to read the Stereophile forums of 10-20 years ago to understand just how full of it this guy is.

Michael Green with the Fabio hair? I remember him ... He had a line of stands...

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Aerospace Engineering, the first class in AE at Virginia right around Kennedy’s announcement of US space program - theoretical propulsion, fluid mechanics, indeterminate structures, statistical thermodynamics, atomic physics, quantum mechanics came later. It’s really not that difficult.
Good grief, you're even older than I am. And you still do this stuff?

Top Bottom