• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

First time Genelec owner watches Pixar's "Soul", is mesmerized.

I recently replaced my defective early 1990s NHT SuperZeros with Genelec 8341a (backed by a KEF KC62 subwoofer), but was too busy to spend much time listening to them.

Tonight I started watching "Soul" with my daughter and just lost myself because it sounded so good to me. It was just a random pick... I was caught off guard by the music throughout.

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I recently replaced my defective early 1990s NHT SuperZeros with Genelec 8341a (backed by a KEF KC62 subwoofer), but was too busy to spend much time listening to them.

Tonight I started watching "Soul" with my daughter and just lost myself because it sounded so good to me. It was just a random pick... I was caught off guard by the music throughout.

I own the 8341's too and yeah, they're something special! :)

OP
S
Isn't it for kids?
I must be a kid then. I'm finding the Pixar films more reliably enjoyable than the other ones coming out lately, with a few exceptions like Interstellar and the Blade Runner sequel.

I bought it to watch with my daughter, then got caught up in the way my room sounded when we watched it.

ElNino

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Isn't it for kids?

It appeals to kids, but IMHO it's more targeted towards adults than any previous Pixar movie. So much of the movie explores themes of career/life regrets, which aren't really kid material, and the focus on jazz is clearly pitched towards adults too.

The score and sound effects are great, but I also loved some of the choices they made with the visuals.

Tks

Major Contributor
It appeals to kids, but IMHO it's more targeted towards adults than any previous Pixar movie. So much of the movie explores themes of career/life regrets, which aren't really kid material, and the focus on jazz is clearly pitched towards adults too.

The score and sound effects are great, but I also loved some of the choices they made with the visuals.
Agreed with the take on target audience.

Though idk about the score, it didn't sound all that interesting when I listened to it. Well recorded, but just simply not really special in terms of the music itself.

Top Bottom