• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Vander

My first post here:
Ordered an Apollon purifi stereo mini on 8th of April and but I still haven't received it. Tibor has told me on a couple of occasions that it will be shipped "next week" but still nothing.. Getting a bit worried.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My first post here:
Ordered an Apollon purifi stereo mini on 8th of April and but I still haven't received it. Tibor has told me on a couple of occasions that it will be shipped "next week" but still nothing.. Getting a bit worried.
There are international supply chain issues impacting on both hypex and purifi. It’s likely to be affecting your order. Just speculating.

maxfl1

Good news! Tibor emailed me yesterday that my "mini" order from April is about to go through testing and to be shipped soon. Hopefully, things are starting to improve. I was prepared when I put my order in that it would be some time before I would receive it.

ezra_s

Forum Donor
And the Apollon looks so much better :) I just ordered their Purifi stereo mini - excited for it to show up!

I just saw your message, I was looking to buy that one, did you get it yet? Is it good? Happy with your purchase?

Vander

Received the "mini" last Friday. I haven't been able to fully assess it yet, but the sound is very promising indeed. It's powerful and lively with great bass and delicate treble. I'm not sure why it took so long to arrive, but it seemed to have been in its shipping packaging for quite some time, since the black plastic wrapping used sadly left marks on the high gloss surface of the amp, almost like a chemical reaction. I guess I have to try to polish it out..

ezra_s

Forum Donor
Received the "mini" last Friday. I haven't been able to fully assess it yet, but the sound is very promising indeed. It's powerful and lively with great bass and delicate treble. I'm not sure why it took so long to arrive, but it seemed to have been in its shipping packaging for quite some time, since the black plastic wrapping used sadly left marks on the high gloss surface of the amp, almost like a chemical reaction. I guess I have to try to polish it out..

So?

We wants feedbacks!!! :p

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hey hello
i saw that the bmb Philharmonic tower have 6ohm of impedance in the woofer... seems to be a problematic impedance since this amp gives more power at lower impedances (?)
I know the power at 8ohm which is around 130w and 260w~ at 4ohm but what about 6ohm?
This tower speaker is very interesting but 6ohm ? o_O
1625028569309.png

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hey hello
i saw that the bmb Philharmonic tower have 6ohm of impedance in the woofer... seems to be a problematic impedance since this amp gives more power at lower impedances (?)
I know the power at 8ohm which is around 130w and 260w~ at 4ohm but what about 6ohm?
View attachment 138203
Around 173 W

KarVi71

Hey hello

There are more factors to this.

First of all the 130W and 260W numbers are very conservative, taken at very low distortion figures.

If you allow the amps to reach the industry "standard" of 1% distortion, the amps are producing well above 200W and 400W.

And that would mean 300Watts at 6 Ohms.

My Dali Mentor 6's are 6 ohm speakers, and my Purifi's have no problems driving these to very very loud levels, completely clean and undistorted.

1lifeliveit

Ordered the VTV purifi Eval Stereo amp last week and got it delivered to Australia yesterday!.
Can vouch for the quality of the case and everything was put together nicely.
The performance of the amp - if there's one word to describe it, would be CLEAN.
I have a raspberry pi with moode audio feeding a SMSL Sanskrit 10th Mk2 which connects directly to the amp. Speakers are Martin Logan motion 40s

Previously tried the SMSL DA-9 which was my first Class D amp and I found it lacking a bit in the midrange. I was worried if the purifi would exhibit similar characteristics. Absolutely nothing to worry about. The sound is powerful, crisp clean regardless of the volume. Cant stop listening to it.

I think my audio game has come to an end. (at least for a while).

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
If you allow the amps to reach the industry "standard" of 1% distortion, the amps are producing well above 200W and 400W.

1% is generally defined as clipping. Basically it is the amplifier hitting the wall. It's all over at 1% and your output is not remotely "HiFi"

No brand with pretensions or aspirations to high fidelity should advertise rated power at 1% THD. And a 1% rated THD is not "industry standard" at all.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ordered the VTV purifi Eval Stereo amp last week and got it delivered to Australia yesterday!.
Can vouch for the quality of the case and everything was put together nicely.
The performance of the amp - if there's one word to describe it, would be CLEAN.
I have a raspberry pi with moode audio feeding a SMSL Sanskrit 10th Mk2 which connects directly to the amp. Speakers are Martin Logan motion 40s

Previously tried the SMSL DA-9 which was my first Class D amp and I found it lacking a bit in the midrange. I was worried if the purifi would exhibit similar characteristics. Absolutely nothing to worry about. The sound is powerful, crisp clean regardless of the volume. Cant stop listening to it.

I think my audio game has come to an end. (at least for a while).
My P452 drive my 6 ohm harbeths beautifully.

jae

Major Contributor
Ordered the VTV purifi Eval Stereo amp last week and got it delivered to Australia yesterday!

Did you have to pay GST on the import? Curious if there was any price difference versus going with March Audio P452 which is ~$1600 AUD domestically (not sure if that's including GST) and frankly looks a bit nicer to me.

1lifeliveit

No I didnt pay GST. I did consider the P452 - its actually 2150 AUD, quite a jump from the 1500 or so AUD I paid including shipping.

Believe it or not, the price was not the issue - the size was. The P452 just wouldn't fit in the bookshelf where it was going (unless I put it sideways) - the VTV does.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
i have a question, i have some randoms pops sometimes when i listen to my speakers
using vtv purifi, how can i solve that? when i use my pre/dac/headphone amp i don't hear any of these little pops

1lifeliveit

i have a question, i have some randoms pops sometimes when i listen to my speakers
using vtv purifi, how can i solve that? when i use my pre/dac/headphone amp i don't hear any of these little pops
I'll let the experts help you with this. But the only time I hear a slight pop (it's more like a gentle crackle) is when I switch on amp directly from the power point.

I bought an rf remote controlled powerpoint to switch on/off the amp, but looks like the rf is interfering with amp. With the rf powerpoint on I hear crackling (as if I'm listening to an old vinyl) during the music. So I have taken it off and now leave the amp on all the time

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I'll let the experts help you with this. But the only time I hear a slight pop (it's more like a gentle crackle) is when I switch on amp directly from the power point.

I bought an rf remote controlled powerpoint to switch on/off the amp, but looks like the rf is interfering with amp. With the rf powerpoint on I hear crackling (as if I'm listening to an old vinyl) during the music. So I have taken it off and now leave the amp on all the time
hmm i don't know what it is, i hear those pops sometimes, for example now i didn't hear any pop in 3 hours of listening hmm..

mSpot

Pops could be coming from earlier in the audio path (source, DAC, or pre). What is the rest of your audio chain?

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Pops could be coming from earlier in the audio path (source, DAC, or pre). What is the rest of your audio chain?
pc -> toslink -> dac pre
I had the toslink between the dac/pre and my pc ( the dac pre is in the top of my pc ), but now i have the toslink cable in the top of the pre, not touching the pc and i don't have any of these pops

hmm

Top Bottom