• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Things that are Just Wrong

• Thread starter Deleted member 28849
  • Start date

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
“Warm” beer.

well ... it’s not actually warm, rather around 49 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
I don't know if you're from or in US, but most beers outside of US aren't served cold most are room temp.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
“Warm” beer.

well ... it’s not actually warm, rather around 49 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
That is called cellar temperature, porters and stouts and the like are at their most flavorful at that temp.
But not for a Bud or Miller or similar canned fizzy corn and rice water, you want those ice cold so you can't taste them, because they taste like shit.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But not for a Bud or Miller or similar canned fizzy corn and rice water, you want those ice cold so you can't taste them, because they taste like shit.

Best beer of my life was a Budweiser, after a long day cutting fire breaks in Montana. It was glorious.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Gazpacho just seems wrong to me, I guess from growing up in Buffalo I tend to like my soups hot, can't imagine eating cold soup during a blizzard.

StuartC

Forum Donor
I think you'll find there is a difference between a Lager Beer (which everyone prefers chilled) and pretty much every other type of beer (IPA, Stout, Ale etc etc) which are typically considered more palatable at room temperature.

gsp1971

Forum Donor
Siltech Emperor Crown - $40,000

1_1446877360.jpg

This is the most expensive audio cable of all time. It costs $40,000. The audio cable combines most of the recent technology in insulation materials, metallurgy and construction techniques. Moreover, its Royal signature series makes the user delve deep into musical soul while keeping the video and audio signal clean and free from noise.

Now that is plain wrong.

Katji

Major Contributor
I'll start 'er off with:
Iced Coffee
You know you grow up drinking hot regular coffee and out comes someone's idea to serve it cold. No, that is just wrong.:facepalm:
It's horrible. And iced tea. Or at least cold coffee is disgusting - if I leave it in the kitchen for a minute or two I have to zap it.

Gazpacho just seems wrong to me, I guess from growing up in Buffalo I tend to like my soups hot, can't imagine eating cold soup during a blizzard.
It's more like a smoothie, soup has to be hot, even if it's >30 degrees outside.

Blizzard? :eek:
This is winter here btw:

1624273343676.png

I adjust the window so not too much cold air blows in, or put on a sweater.

Katji

Major Contributor
:p Yes it's Nescafe. I drink too much to do it any other way. I could see using a simple press again though.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Budweiser. It's simply...well...wrong...the Dutch wikipedia entry says it best:

Zoals veel andere Amerikaanse lagers, heeft het weinig smaak en veel koolzuur; het is het vlakste bier (qua smaak) van alle internationaal gedistribueerde lagers.

Like many other American lagers, it has little flavor and high carbonation; it is the flattest beer (in taste) of all internationally distributed lagers.

In Dutch we could call it "slootwater" (ditch water).

nerdstrike

Marmite on jelly babies. A very strange culinary experience.

More commonplace: Correctly eating weisswurst.

Top Bottom