• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
If the FiiO is activated like your screenshot shows, then a direct change in EAPO config.txt has to work. Let's forget about EAPO GUIs for the moment :
  • Play some music (not in ASIO/KS/WASAPI mode ! the player needs to be in a non-exclusive mode such as DirectSound)
  • Go to EAPO config folder (Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config)
  • Open config.txt (it may be empty, that doesn't matter)
  • Type exactly this : "Preamp: -15 dB" (without the quote marks)
  • Save
As soon as you save, you should hear the music be lowered by -15 dB. If that doesn't happen, then the problem is not within EAPO but within your player. It will mean that your music is transmitted from your player to your output without EAPO seeing it.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Okay, I tried that and nothing happened.

I'll try a different DAC.

BTW, before we go any further, is there anything I need to do with that doc to stop it being -15dB?

Just delete all text?

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any changes to config.txt are immediate as soon as you save. So just delete the text, save, and it will be OK.
If music plays on your FiiO but EQ doesn't work, then the problem is not in the FiiO but in your player, like said in my previous post.
Try a well-known player like foobar2000 and play music by selecting the FiiO as output device (Preferences > Playback > Output > Device). It has to work out of the box with EAPO. It just has to.

Thalis

The FiiO is connected by USB, not SPDIF. I think that's just the name it's given.

(re)installing drivers makes no difference.

Just found this on t'internet:

Hmmm this is odd... I also have the E10k but in my Windows 7 its listed as "2- FiiO USB DAC-E10". I also use it's coax to passthough to the E30. In Peace its listed with the same exact name.

Edit: I don't recall the E10k having any drivers to install..... it was just PnP.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski, might be worth adding a note to USB Audio Pro that when used with an external DAC, it can bypass Android's audio processing. Good for those who don't want Android resampling everything.

HiBy music player app for Android can also bypass Android audio processing when used with an external DAC. Has a 10 band graphic EQ with a preamp gain adjustment (no parametric EQ). They also have an iOS version of this app, but I'm not familiar with it.

Thalis

Do you mean USB Audio Player Pro or is there another called USB Audio Pro?

Yikes... sorry I left out "Player".

Yes its USB Audio Player Pro....... or just UAPP... my apologies...

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski, might be worth adding a note to USB Audio Pro that when used with an external DAC, it can bypass Android's audio processing. Good for those who don't want Android resampling everything.

HiBy music player app for Android can also bypass Android audio processing when used with an external DAC. Has a 10 band graphic EQ with a preamp gain adjustment (no parametric EQ). They also have an iOS version of this app, but I'm not familiar with it.
Okidoki. I think I got the details. Thanksss. :D

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yikes... sorry I left out "Player".

Yes its USB Audio Player Pro....... or just UAPP... my apologies...
OK. I added a note regarding the PEQ option for purchase. Thankssss. :D

kurosawa

'Wavelet' for Android only supports graphic equalizer (not parametric equalizer).
This is done in 2 ways:
1. Inside the Wavelet app, you can manually input a 9-band graphic equalizer
2. Inside the Wavelet app, you can use AutoEQ (actual database is here). By selecting any headphone from the dropdown list, the software will auto-import a 100+ band graphic equalizer profile, for that headphone. For example, if you select 'Sony MDR-ZX110' from the dropdown, Wavelet auto-loads the following file into memory. Of course, this happens in the background, without you realizing.

Is there any way to import a parametric equalizer profile into 'Wavelet'?
No, since Wavelet only supports graphic equalizer profiles
In other words, you can't import Amir's headphone PEQ profiles into Wavelet.
You can import EQ presets with the import feature

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
HOORAY!

After a bit of pratting around, I now have it working. Don't ask how.

The bad news? After getting it working for a couple of minutes, I've now found it won't even open. Actually, that's not quite right. I click on it, it opens...then closes after around 1.5 seconds.

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled.

Last edited:
When using Equalizer APO for system-wide EQ on Windows 10, what sample rate are most people using in the audio device settings?

cyruz

FYI, Poweramp Equalizer added a proper parametric. Don't know if it's the beta version though (I'm subscribed to beta updates). The implementation is great, I think it's the final app for Android.

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There is now a nice standalone PEQ app based on BEQDesigner that works with JRiver. As well as finally being able to visualise what your JRiver filters look like it also converts between JRivers definition of S and Q. It works in both directions in that you can save your filters as a DSP file in JRiver and import into BEQDesigner or build them in BEQDesigner and load into JRiver. I've only used it with JRiver27, but it can be integrated a little more with JRiver28.

I found a few little bugs and quirks, but overall a very welcome development.

Top Bottom