• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

exploring why my NHT SuperZeros don't sound great

OP
S
I appreciate all the help I've gotten in this thread.

I've received a pair of Genelec 8341a. I'm enjoying the sound so much more, and I don't even have them dialed in yet. For one, the harshness is gone. I don't feel like turning the music off now.

For another, the bass sounds more complete now. Theoretically I should have been able to get my subwoofer to fill in for what the SuperZeros won't do. But I haven't learned how to do that yet.

If anyone in Seattle wants to pick up these SuperZeros from me and replace the capacitor yourself, you're welcome to them. I'll probably buy you a beer for your trouble.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I appreciate all the help I've gotten in this thread.

I've received a pair of Genelec 8341a. I'm enjoying the sound so much more, and I don't even have them dialed in yet. For one, the harshness is gone. I don't feel like turning the music off now.

For another, the bass sounds more complete now. Theoretically I should have been able to get my subwoofer to fill in for what the SuperZeros won't do. But I haven't learned how to do that yet.

If anyone in Seattle wants to pick up these SuperZeros from me and replace the capacitor yourself, you're welcome to them. I'll probably buy you a beer for your trouble.
So glad you are enjoying the music again!

Top Bottom