• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Madhuski

anyone have suggestions to get cable already terminated for 4-pole connectors?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
So....the NC502MP restock from Hypex has been delayed again. Current lead time for a 502MP build is now beginning of September. The good news is I will be ordering a LARGE quantity of 502's when they are available to try and avoid this long delay in the future. NC252MP's are still doing fine at the moment.

The unfortunate part: I am starting to contact anyone who had placed an NC502MP order with me that used a down payment to secure a spot in line and inform them of the new delay. Deposits are fully refundable for this reason.

TorbjornJ

Bah, that was unfortunate. Was ready to pull the trigger on two nc502mp amps but September is a bit too long a wait.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Bah, that was unfortunate. Was ready to pull the trigger on two nc502mp amps but September is a bit too long a wait.
I understand and can only apologize. From what I've seen Nord is about to be in a similar boat (their current ETA is for the July Hypex restock which is now pushed back). If you need a 502 build sooner I think VTV still has stock but not sure how long that will last either.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not doing much with VTV. Website says he is out until June 18. ;)

JonfromCB

Good news:

My case manufacturer has a new option I am working on right now that would help cut down on the height and move the screw locations from the front/back of the case to the sides for a better look. No timeline yet but working on the updates. No existing orders will be altered/changed.

Is there an update on when these might be available? Thanks

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here it is, the new Small case (similar case coming for Medium and Large). Dimensions are still 12" deep x 7" wide but now shaved down to 3.5" with feet

Attachments

• 2ch front.JPG
    2ch front.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 291
  • 2ch rear.JPG
    2ch rear.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 2ch side.JPG
    2ch side.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 2ch internal.JPG
    2ch internal.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 291

amper42

Major Contributor
Here it is, the new Small case (similar case coming for Medium and Large). Dimensions are still 12" deep x 7" wide but now shaved down to 3.5" with feet

Any thought on how warm the NC502MP might get inside this case after a 90 minute movie? Thank you!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Any thought on how warm the NC502MP might get inside this case after a 90 minute movie? Thank you!
I can only speak for my 4ch NC502MP: if I leave my AC Infinity Aircom off and watch temps, it never reports anything over around 95ish without any cooling/fans on.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I have a 3 module 502 (6 channels). Use it pretty much all day long about 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. Temps rarely exceed 86 degree Fahrenheit. Have Aircom on top with constant temp sensor. After heavy Movie high volume of 2-3 hour length. However, this is all relative to the room ambient temperature. I maintain an ambient temp of between 76 and 78 degrees. So the unit will run about 10 degrees above room temperature.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I have a 3 module 502 (6 channels). Use it pretty much all day long about 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. Temps rarely exceed 86 degree Fahrenheit. Have Aircom on top with constant temp sensor. After heavy Movie high volume of 2-3 hour length. However, this is all relative to the room ambient temperature. I maintain an ambient temp of between 76 and 78 degrees. So the unit will run about 10 degrees above room temperature.
That's about how hot mine is with my Aircom running as well but my ambient temp is about 72ish. When it was located on a shelf above my Xbox One X it would hit 90 sometimes but that had everything to do with the heat of the Xbox.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Also, these new cases, especially the Large one, will fix the issue I was always fighting of top panels not being able to hold weight without sag (even when I switched the old cases to Steel tops). The U shape is very rigid and has allowed me to go back to all Aluminum. The 2ch 502 weighs about 5lbs all assembled.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Forgot to mention this unit is driving some very low impedance speakers. 2ohms loads. So it not cruising along driving easy speakers. I’m personally super impressed. I was somewhat skeptical about Buckeye’s claims these amps run so cool. But now I know matter of a factually they do. Class D amps are the real deal. Don’t know why I waited so long.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Forgot to mention this unit is driving some very low impedance speakers. 2ohms loads. So it not cruising along driving easy speakers. I’m personally super impressed. I was somewhat skeptical about Buckeye’s claims these amps run so cool. But now I know matter of a factually they do. Class D amps are the real deal. Don’t know why I waited so long.
Oh wow, yea I forgot how low impedance you were running. Glad to hear the amp is working great!

typericey

Subscribed. Considering an NC502 and willing to wait until 4Q 2021.

I can't build a DIY Hypex amp if it meant saving my life so I'm happy to see someone do it for me at a reasonable price.

catalogguy

Forum Donor
I am really happy with the trigger I built. Following up on a few posts here. I have been enjoying my recently received my Buckeye 2 channel amp and now have a working trigger solution to control the on/off. Long path but short answer... I bought a controller for an LED light strip. It is a compact unit that came with a 12v power supply and a remote control for $12.99 on Amazon. I connected a 3.5mm mono plug and trained my Harmony universal remote to control the device. It now works as hoped. I turn on the streamer with the remote and the Buckeye amp comes right on. The power off works just as well.
trigger 3.jpg
trigger 5.jpg

Amazon Link for Controller
https://www.amazon.com/Lighten-Glimmer-Wireless-Control-Transformer/dp/B073VSF27Q/ref=sr_1_22_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=infrared+outlet&qid=1623875978&sr=8-22-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMzA5SUNKTjlSQUlaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTk4NzEwMUlKT1FRVUJLMVBZMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDMwMTM1Mk84TVBINkdZMDBWVCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Amazon Link for Plug
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y8JBMY2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Lawyrup843

I am really happy with the trigger I built. Following up on a few posts here. I have been enjoying my recently received my Buckeye 2 channel amp and now have a working trigger solution to control the on/off. Long path but short answer... I bought a controller for an LED light strip. It is a compact unit that came with a 12v power supply and a remote control for $12.99 on Amazon. I connected a 3.5mm mono plug and trained my Harmony universal remote to control the device. It now works as hoped. I turn on the streamer with the remote and the Buckeye amps comes right on. The power off works just as well.
View attachment 136545View attachment 136546

Amazon Link for Controller
https://www.amazon.com/Lighten-Glimmer-Wireless-Control-Transformer/dp/B073VSF27Q/ref=sr_1_22_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=infrared+outlet&qid=1623875978&sr=8-22-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMzA5SUNKTjlSQUlaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTk4NzEwMUlKT1FRVUJLMVBZMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDMwMTM1Mk84TVBINkdZMDBWVCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Amazon Ink for Plug
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y8JBMY2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I thought the Buckeye amps come with trigger already installed.

Top Bottom