• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks to me like a modern abstract locomotive off its rails.
It certainly is not a visual design for the Accuphase PRO-100 crowd. It is definitely designed to be a conversation piece as much as, if not more than, it is designed to reproduce music. Quite makes my Bryston amp look plebeian.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Basis Audio Signature 2800

basis+2800+turntable+front.jpg

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Accuphase equipment is gorgeous, slightly retro, understated design. I love the champagne color and wish more makers would offer it on, say AVRs, versus black (ugh) and, rarely, silver.

Love this E-650 integrated ...

e-650.jpg

Even the guts are relatively gorgeous ...

View attachment 134384

This one looks better then the previous one.
The large round knobs help break up the empty space.

What is with the boxed off area on the right that prevents the guts from being symmetrical?
Is that an area for optional modular component?

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This one {Accuphase E-650} looks better then the previous one.
The large round knobs help break up the empty space.

What is with the boxed off area on the right that prevents the guts from being symmetrical?
Is that an area for optional modular component?

Yes, that area is for optional modules: see the pic of the rear of the amp ...
e-650_b.jpg

I wouldn't say that Accuphase components are "worth the money" or even that all test results are impeccable, but they are robustly engineered. See their technical blurb ... https://www.accuphase.com/technical_information/e-650_technical_information.pdf

mononoaware

mononoaware

I understand we all have our preferences, but I'm not sure these would qualify as "jewelry".

I guess we do have our preferences. . .
I see this to be qualified as "jewelry".

Screenshot 54433.png

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

mononoaware

Jewelry? Now way. Now this is audio jewelry...

You would have a tough time believing that's a real amplifier (actually sold on market).
I noticed the brand "Little Dot", currently using 2 of their compact Monoblocks.

And I must say they actually look like a real product, while the "Eighth Note" model looks like something out of Disneyland.

T1zR45XaXAXXcajU.8_101917.jpg

Last edited:

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You would have a tough time believing that's a real amplifier (actually sold on market).
I noticed the brand "Little Dot", currently using 2 of their compact Monoblocks.

And I must say they actually look like a real product, while the "Eighth Note" model looks like something out of Disneyland.

The last CD player I owned was a compact transport from Little Dot. I sold it to a vinyl-only tube guy as his first CD player in 2011 just before moving to Panamá to live as an expat and making my move to only digital music files and streaming audio.

The stock unadorned brushed clear aluminum components from Little Dot are rather pedestrian looking. However, the below balanced vacuum tube headphone amp (which appears to be the same model as the be-jeweled one above) in black with gold tube guards looks quite nice IMO, although having the volume knob and power button in gold would be an improvement. Little Dot seems to have a decent sized following, and I would enjoy seeing one of their HPA's measured and reviewed by Amir.

Little Dot Tube HPA.jpg

mononoaware

sold it to a vinyl-only tube guy as his first CD player in 2011

Interesting so the company has been around for quite awhile.
I admit I never heard of the brand before the discovering the Monoblock model.

The stock unadorned brushed clear aluminum components from Little Dot are rather pedestrian looking.

I like the brushed metal look, it gives a more “industrial” look (also matches the SU-8 DAC), gives the appearance toughness and long lasting.
I actually prefer no VU meter, but since this one has warm orange light I think it complements the brushed metal.

So far I can say good things about it, good build quality (at least outside), the metal power button is cold metal and when power on you can hear click from “relay” engaging which reduce surge from power-supply.
Same thing when power off, after a few seconds it makes click sound indicating relay is back in its original position.
Gives the impression of thought went into it’s construction.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I also like the black and gold elegance of the Abrahamsen amplifiers (spinoff from Electrocompaniet) - they remind me of the Rado Centrix Quartz watch.

Abrahamsen v2_2.jpg

Rado Centrix Quartz.jpg

mononoaware

I also like the black and gold elegance of the Abrahamsen amplifiers (spinoff from Electrocompaniet) - they remind me of the Rado Centrix Quartz watch.

I see so your past experiences influence your tastes. . .
Maybe my past is bland and industrial. . .

I think this one looks better then the previous tube amplifier, but I would prefer if the dials were silver metal.
If you like Tube’s I suggest AirTight Tube amplifiers.

I prefer solid-state sound, so got just the 2x Little Dot Monoblock Power amplifier without the matching Tube Pre-amplifier.
I would also be interested to see Little Dot products review on ASR.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The trick is to produce a low=cost but SQ-competent amp, and then have changeable knobs, lights, and faceplates.

Top Bottom