• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Greetings from 'straya

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi all
Been reading this forum for a while now and thought I should sign up and say hello.
Based in Melbourne Australia, the world's most livable city in case you didn't know.

I like horns and valves and turntables and am completely comfortable admitting that a lot of that comes from the aesthetics rather than the accuracy of the sound.
Having said that, I've been helped off the DAC merry-go-round already by this forum. I recently ordered a topping D10 and it's nice to be in a place where I feel safe to admit that and not be pillioried.

Anyway, my technical knowledge is not huge so apologies in advance but I won't be adding a lot on that front. I hope to learn and ask questions though.

Bye for now :)

Wombat

Master Contributor
Hi all
Been reading this forum for a while now and thought I should sign up and say hello.
Based in Melbourne Australia, the world's most livable city in case you didn't know.

I like horns and valves and turntables and am completely comfortable admitting that a lot of that comes from the aesthetics rather than the accuracy of the sound.
Having said that, I've been helped off the DAC merry-go-round already by this forum. I recently ordered a topping D10 and it's nice to be in a place where I feel safe to admit that and not be pillioried.

Anyway, my technical knowledge is not huge so apologies in advance but I won't be adding a lot on that front. I hope to learn and ask questions though.

Bye for now :)

Welcome, china.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Australian_English_rhyming_slang

OP
Sir Sanders Zingmore

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My alias on stereonet (the main Australian forum) has been a bit of an evolution. It’s tracked my systems over time.

I started as Whatmore - named after my first set of good quality speakers: an Australian brand called Whatmough.

My next set of speakers were Zingali horns, so I changed my moniker of course. Whatmore became Zingmore.

Then I went completely different and bought a full Sanders set. Magtech amps and 10c hybrid electrostats. Hence Sanders Zingmore.
The “sir”, well around the same time I was knighted.
That’s a complete lie of course, I just liked the sound of it.

The Sanders are long gone, replaced with Avantgardes. So I guess my moniker should be something like Sir Sandersgarde Zingmore.
But that’s just silly

Top Bottom