• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Innerfidelity Editor Announced

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Paul Miller's speciality is measurements so on that front, that effort will continue it seems. Alas, he/measurement work has been marginalized at HiFi News so I wonder how much ink they will get here.

As to Arnot, I know of Part-time fidelity and one of their writers. As the second note says, it is all subjectivism to maximum degree.

The format may become what stereophile is with super subjective review getting 90% of the space, and a few measurements that aren't descriptive of anything reported in the first part.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Paul Miller's speciality is measurements so on that front, that effort will continue it seems. Alas, he/measurement work has been marginalized at HiFi News so I wonder how much ink they will get here.

As to Arnot, I know of Part-time fidelity and one of their writers. As the second note says, it is all subjectivism to maximum degree.

The format may become what stereophile is with super subjective review getting 90% of the space, and a few measurements that aren't descriptive of anything reported in the first part.

If subjectivity is so dominant then some objective evidence of reviewer hearing capability would be good upfront. Not holding my breath, though.

OP
J

Jacona

What also worries me is the "high end" focus of PartTimeAudiophile.
Tyll always take a step back and review headphones that are more accessible (or easier to justify price-wise) to the masses. Don't want them to start alienating the common music listeners.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Reviewing the volume products is very different than reviewing high-end. With high-end, they have no choice but to say nice things because why else would they send them $50,000 products to "review?" With mass market products there are tons of choices out there and vendors much more hungry for attention. Hopefully they "get" this and work on the side of consumer, than manufacturer. They need to leave their old baggage behind.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Part-time audiophile. Great.

Fuses! - https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2011/03/07/enter-the-fuse/

And more recently this: https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/07/15/fostex-te100-iem-headphone-review/

FTA: "Stalwart balance with a keen sense of dynamic retrieval doesn’t hurt much either" ... "There is a sense of multi faceted texture to the vocals that set it apart from many others in the field while the lows, and highs score well against a landscape of either dull or exaggerated competition (in most cases the latter) "

Why do we need measurements when we have this beautiful text we can read, believe it and "invest" in a pair of $1200 earphones?

My head hurts...and I need to go vomit.

Top Bottom