• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Free Speaker cabinets [by Aerial Acoustics] - Take as many as you want" [Massachusetts]

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
00X0X_gUnF2VTr50qz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
00r0r_cN41XKzGLN3z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/d/lawrence-free-speaker-cabinets-take-as/7323093065.html

This is not my listing. (If it is, I've forgotten why "I have about 150 of these. Two sizes." ;) )

I assume the cabinets are sturdy and well-braced if they were really intended for Aerial speakers.

I seem to remember that member @617 is in the MA area and builds DIY speakers.... I hope someone can make use of a few of these cabinets.

Last edited:

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I saw this a while back. Sort of odd sizes and layouts. Apparently from a never-released home theater lineup?

OP
amadeuswus

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
I can imagine it would be hard for a DIY project to make use of these cabinets, nice as they might be. On the other hand, if you've always wanted Stonehenge in your backyard in black MDF...

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can imagine it would be hard for a DIY project to make use of these cabinets, nice as they might be. On the other hand, if you've always wanted Stonehenge in your backyard in black MDF...

Yeah you might turn them into planters. I feel bad for the guy who has to get rid of 150 of them!

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As a former owner of their very first speaker the 10t, I can attest that those boxes are undoubtedly well made. Don't know why a talented DIYer couldn't find drivers and build a xover to make an excellent speaker. Even if he didn't like the cut outs on the baffle, he could just replace it and put whatever speakers he wanted in that box.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wonder if Aerial would sell drivers/crossovers....

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah getting a truncated SB 150mm midwoofer won't be easy.

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What size is the mid-range cutout?

Dayton RS150T-8 might be viable.

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Why wouldn't you use your own front baffles ? Put it over existing one and route the openings you wish/need. You'd end up with Jamo D830 look.

Top Bottom