• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

P_M

hope they fix that bug but if you need help with dataentry let me know I can volunteer. I will post in that thread as well.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
hope they fix that bug but if you need help with dataentry let me know I can volunteer. I will post in that thread as well.
Ok, you're in. :)

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Master List of Preference Ratings for Loudspeakers from first post is not available, returns 404.

Code:
https://sites.google.com/view/speaker-headphone-data/speakers/preference-ratings-graphs
Just delete “headphone” and one of the “-“.
I added it once Amir did headphones, so it had to be fixed, then I removed it as I stopped doing headphone data (headphone measurement is not as cut and dry as speaker measurements), so it has to be undone.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Just delete “headphone” and one of the “-“.
I added it once Amir did headphones, so it had to be fixed, then I removed it as I stopped doing headphone data (headphone measurement is not as cut and dry as speaker measurements), so it has to be undone.
Should be fixed on the front page.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A suggestion to change the text (the link text in particular) on the front page from:

For a list of reviewed audio equipment, click here.

to:

Click here for a list of reviewed audio equipment.

(or "the list", I don't know, I'm not good at engiish articles :) )

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
A suggestion to change the text (the link text in particular) on the front page from:

For a list of reviewed audio equipment, click here.

to:

Click here for a list of reviewed audio equipment.

(or "the list", I don't know, I'm not good at engiish articles :) )
Are you talking about this banner page?
1634079464091.png

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

miofu

Hello,
I didn't read whole this thread and I don't know if this is a known bug...
Anyway I want to report bug in review database app, here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/HeadphoneReview/
When choosing only one filter, like a brand to 'Beyerdynamic' or 'Sennheiser' on the list don't show up all reviews. E.g for Beyerdynamic I don't see DT880 review.
I don't like this review engine from beginning, it is slow, not comfortable and now it is buggy.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hello,
I didn't read whole this thread and I don't know if this is a known bug...
Anyway I want to report bug in review database app, here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/HeadphoneReview/
When choosing only one filter, like a brand to 'Beyerdynamic' or 'Sennheiser' on the list don't show up all reviews. E.g for Beyerdynamic I don't see DT880 review.
I don't like this review engine from beginning, it is slow, not comfortable and now it is buggy.
How slow is it?
What is an example of a good interface? Which website specifically?

MBI

Thanks for this amazingly useful ranking layout!
Is it still updated, by any chance?

RHO

Major Contributor
I'm sorry to say but I have not managed to apply a useful filter for the products I'm searching for yet.
With the previous database this was much easier.

For instance looking for an amplifier. You would think easy. Search for "amplifier". Nope. Doesn't return the reviews marked as "amp". Then search for "amp" ("amplifier" contains "amp"). This returns all "phono amplifier", "headphone amplifier", "integrated amplifier", "speaker amplifier", ... Searching for "speaker amp" doesn't help either because you get car speaker amps also. Searching for "speaker amp" and adding a brand "topping" only returns the LA90. Where's the other Topping amps at?
It's also not possible to add multiple brands to the search or just multiple parameters in one search box. Using a "-" for does not contain also doesn't work.
I can give plenty more examples for other searches I did. Not once did I get a satisfactory result.
Maybe I'm just using it wrong?

Having a great database is wonderful. But not being able to search it makes it a bit useless in my opinion.
I know it's a WIP. So I hope these issues get solved.

RHO

Major Contributor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Having a great database is wonderful. But not being able to search it makes it a bit useless in my opinion.
I know it's a WIP. So I hope these issues get solved.
Work is being done to implement that feature.

Reactions: RHO
Top Bottom