• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Descartes

Major Contributor
Yes we can, of course!

Of course, as OKTO strongly suggests, you may better to use XLR capable amplifier(s), like my system, to fully utilize DAC8PRO's wonderful specs and sound quality.

So I could just plug it into an NAD M28 amplifier!

SimonSambuca

The delivery only took two days - but that's also because Germany borders on the Czech Republic. I haven't been able to listen much or intensively yet, but the Dac runs without any problems and sounds good.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if they're shipping anything? My order (291) dates back to January 7, and still no box at my door. Anyone receive a shipment recently and what was your order number and when was it placed?

jumbo

My order is (371) and I was told just over a week ago after making enquiries that mine was expected to ship in three weeks.

Order was originally placed on the 13th of March.

Feyire

Still no user upgradeable firmware ?
I just recently e-mailed Pavel about this, and he stated that the situation was unfortunately complicated.

Apparently there is a bug in some firmware versions, that prevents the update from being installed. He didn't specify which firmware versions are affected. Put simply, we'll have to wait until he finishes his investigation and finds an appropriate solution.

EchoChamber

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just recently e-mailed Pavel about this, and he stated that the situation was unfortunately complicated.

Apparently there is a bug in some firmware versions, that prevents the update from being installed. He didn't specify which firmware versions are affected. Put simply, we'll have to wait until he finishes his investigation and finds an appropriate solution.
He sent me a firmware update earlier this year and I could not install it… I tried running the updated on MacOS and Windows, but couldn’t get it to work… (the good thing is that I also manage not to break my DAC in the process)

jumbo

Thanks very much for the update.

I'm order #371 so a few more months I suspect.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got the email this morning. It's being turned over to Fedex this Thursday! Got their driver package and downloaded it on both my Window's boxes! :):p:)
It's coming! After seven long months, it's coming! :):):)

Very nice to hear so! You would please let us know the firmware version number when you actually receive it, please.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got the email this morning. It's being turned over to Fedex this Thursday! Got their driver package and downloaded it on both my Window's boxes! :):p:)
It's coming! After seven long months, it's coming! :):):)

Would you please also let us know the DIYINHK USB ASIO driver package version No?

Mine was/is DIYNHK_UsbAudio_v4.59.0_2019-02-28_setup.exe.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Fedex emailed me Saturday that my shipment was being delayed in Cologne for "operational reasons." No indication of how long the delay will last. Will it be days, weeks, months, or years? And no elaboration on what "operational reasons" means. I'm beginning to think these Air Freight companies are using Covid as an excuse to degrade their service levels. Everything I've bought abroad in the past 18 months, has been a cluster*!>k and I'm fed up with it.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In my case, when I received it in May 2020, I got same notice from FedEx that it has been stacked at Cologne, but it started moving again in two days, and then arrived at my door 3 days after the flight departed Europe. Looks the custom processing at Tokyo Narita AP was smooth and quick, and my home is about 1.5 hr highway-drive distance from the FedEx facility in Tokyo Narita AP. As usual the domestic surface delivery was really quick and smooth.

I do hope you will receive yours very soon!

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, it arrived. Unbelievably no power cord or usb cable. I have something in house, but I was expecting both. Is that how it came for everyone else?

Top Bottom