• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Miker 1102

Forum Donor
If you donate to the forum at any level, I will buy and test it. :)
I donated Amir. I would love for you to test the T50. I will send you one if you want. They are such a good sounding speaker to me and I have had much,much more expensive ones.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Focal Alpha 65 Evo
alpha65_evo_34_face.jpg

USER

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Cambridge Audio Minx XL Flagship Speakers.
cam-minxxl-wht.jpg

$150 factory refurbished. Incredible fit and finish for the money. 50Hz - 22 kHz freq. response.

Given the great company reputation, could these $150 speakers give the $1600 Dynaudio Evoke 10s a run for their money?

Stereo.de has some super basic measurements. It seems that room modes dominate in them, but performance seems curiously comparable. Small dip between 2-3kHz and higher top end are the biggest differences.
evoke.jpg

EVOKE 10
cambridge.jpg

CAMBRIDGE

And to further make my case, here are some super quick in-room measurements comparing the Evoke 10s to Revel M16s.

M16 V EVOKE10.jpg

And, importantly, it looks as good or better than the Dynaudio X14 reviewed here. So, in a way, for me this speaker is as much about the latter company as it is about Cambridge Audio.

Dynaudio X14 Measurements Spinorama CEA-2035 early Window reflections Frequency Response.png

If I didn't have a pair of SP-BS22-LRs to play around with, I would have already sent these in to Amir.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254491579122?hash=item3b40e152f2:g:ZUMAAOSwaU5eKxZv

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I donated Amir. I would love for you to test the T50. I will send you one if you want. They are such a good sounding speaker to me and I have had much,much more expensive ones.
Thanks Mike. Please start a conversation with me on how you donated so I can keep track of it. Meanwhile, I ordered it from Amazon because shipping cost will be a lot relative to its cost.

kezman

PIONEER DJ VM-50

Tweeter :1-inch (25 mm) SILK soft dome
Woofer :5.25-inch (133 mm) ARAMID cone
Amplifier Output :Class D with 96kHz DSP - LF: 30 W / 4 Ω - HF: 30 W / 4 Ω
Frequency Range 40 Hz - 36 kHz Hz
Maximum Sound Pressure 107 dB

I'm curious how they managed to get so low hertz...the price is 190€ unit!
So it would be a good opportunity for measurement.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Ericglo

PIONEER DJ VM-50

Tweeter :1-inch (25 mm) SILK soft dome
Woofer :5.25-inch (133 mm) ARAMID cone
Amplifier Output :Class D with 96kHz DSP - LF: 30 W / 4 Ω - HF: 30 W / 4 Ω
Frequency Range 40 Hz - 36 kHz Hz
Maximum Sound Pressure 107 dB

I'm curious how they managed to get so low hertz...the price is 190€ unit!
So it would be a good opportunity for measurement.

Erin said he has a pair from BH

MakeItWain

I’ll boost my contribution to $50. So if anyone wants one, that’s at least $50 less :)

I'm confused, would you donate the $50 Amir? Or donate $50 to whomever purchases to send to Amir?

If I was interested in the A1.5 as well to get tested, how would that go?

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm confused, would you donate the $50 Amir? Or donate $50 to whomever purchases to send to Amir?

If I was interested in the A1.5 as well to get tested, how would that go?
$50 to the purchaser (so a $50 incentive to send it in for review, and to help offset the cost to ship it from Amir to you once he is done). Venmo/Zelle/etc.

I really want to see the measurements (for my own curiosity as well as when I need to give recommendations).

PM @amirm to get his shipping details and logistics worked out. Easiest/cheapest would be to drop-ship to him (use his shipping address for the order).

I drop-shipped him my RS152, and he returned it well packed.

Last edited:

MakeItWain

$50 to the purchaser (so a $50 incentive to send it in for review, and to help offset the cost to ship it from Amir to you once he is done). Venmo/Zelle/etc.

I really want to see the measurements (for my own curiosity as well as when I need to give recommendations).

PM @amirm to get his shipping details and logistics worked out. Easiest/cheapest would be to drop-ship to him (use his shipping address for the order).

I drop-shipped him my RS152, and he returned it well packed.

If someone else is going to put $50 in there as well for $100, I'll do it. I'm thinking of getting it to fill out my HT anyways. Will PM Amir.

Edit: sorry, meant since someone else is putting more, I'll do it. Done and done. Stay tuned?

Last edited:
Top Bottom