• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why Aren't There Female Audiophiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Unless I'm mistaken, the thread topic is about this stuff. Personally, I don't think ASR needs this unrelated-to-audio drama, but hey, I'm not the site owner.
The topic is about Women Audiophiles or the lack of. Someone posted a graphic that introduced topics that caused my reminder to stay on topic. This topic is really already dicey from a Moderation perspective. We want to encourage conversation and discovery. However, some topics just descend into brawls and arguments that are no longer constructive.

q3cpma

Major Contributor
The topic is about Women Audiophiles or the lack of. Someone posted a graphic that introduced topics that caused my reminder to stay on topic. This topic is really already dicey from a Moderation perspective. We want to encourage conversation and discovery. However, some topics just descend into brawls and arguments that are no longer constructive.
I do agree that it isn't easy from the moderation's point of view, but leaving it as-is while restricting the debate to "politically correct" arguments basically creates an echo chamber with the usual features (circlejerk of virtue signalling and massive elephant in the middle of the room that must be avoided). Anyway, I'd say that most arguments have already been presented, so I really doubt it'll go further as a Socratic debate.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, but I reckon the mistake is thinking that rational is the other end of the spectrum from emotional. The opposite of emotional isn't rational, it's material: emotional versus rational is a false dilemma. It is entirely rational to account for emotional satisfaction with respect to use value, if emotional satisfaction is something you require (spoiler: you probably do).

Excellent point, and one I intend to quote as closely as possible the next time someone accuses me of being foolish in owning nice mechanical watches, where brand matters a lot more than many think it should.

Rick “quote=steal” Denney[/QUOTE]

Hotwetrat

I do agree that it isn't easy from the moderation's point of view, but leaving it as-is while restricting the debate to "politically correct" arguments basically creates an echo chamber with the usual features (circlejerk of virtue signalling and massive elephant in the middle of the room that must be avoided). Anyway, I'd say that most arguments have already been presented, so I really doubt it'll go further as a Socratic debate.

I haven't read this thread as western men have become sackless pussies in latter years and the very existence of such a comedic term that seems used in such DISTURBING and embarrassing abundance in audio forums in particular, 'WAF' shows this. (just typing that makes me ashamed of todays men)

The facts are this, men and women are EXTREMELY different - there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. And to speculate why any of these differences may relate to there being more males interested or involed in a hobby such as this, is just fine! I personally don't beleieve in 'moderation' lol hence why I avoid forums, GENERALLY, and definitely don't wanna read this thread because I'm ashamed of what's happened to real men and the ABSURD, INSANE way the western world is going, I don't wanna be possibly reminded by reading more of it!

I love this place because I love audio and there's so much to learn here it's beyond incredible, but I ain't getting involved in this lark beyond saying my piece just here!

Blaspheme

I haven't read this thread as western men have become sackless pussies in latter years and the very existence of such a comedic term that seems used in such DISTURBING and embarrassing abundance in audio forums in particular, 'WAF' shows this. (just typing that makes me ashamed of todays men)

The facts are this, men and women are EXTREMELY different - there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. And to speculate why any of these differences may relate to there being more males interested or involed in a hobby such as this, is just fine! I personally don't beleieve in 'moderation' lol hence why I avoid forums, GENERALLY, and definitely don't wanna read this thread because I'm ashamed of what's happened to real men and the ABSURD, INSANE way the western world is going, I don't wanna be possibly reminded by reading more of it!

I love this place because I love audio and there's so much to learn here it's beyond incredible, but I ain't getting involved in this lark beyond saying my piece just here!
Masculine/feminine cultural norms have always been a continuum, not a binary. That's nothing to be ashamed of, or to shame others for. The western world isn't going anywhere really.

Taddpole

Masculine/feminine cultural norms have always been a continuum, not a binary. That's nothing to be ashamed of, or to shame others for. The western world isn't going anywhere really.

You aren't block capsing any words, you can't expect him to be able to follow that reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom