• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio speaks

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Measurements vs Listening is the title

Says he has two preamps that measure identically, but one sounds good, the other does not. Measurements do not matter -- so far as knowing if something sounds good or not.

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That which is asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. Identify them unsighted (since the difference is sooooo huge) or he’s lying.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
All he needs to do is prove his claims.

Should be so easy...I wonder why any of these assclowns charlatans won't simply pony up a valid listening test.

He wouldn't need to make 10 videos making the same comical claims if he could demonstrate it.

Proof...that ends the endless debate.

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
I always wonder wth is going on with all the stuff he has in the background of his videos

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Props to make him look credible, same as that annoying Dutch guy whose name I can't remember how to spell.

Yes i am ashamed for my country man. it's good that this country produces the Dutch and Dutch and for Phillips.
That Hans guy is really bad advertisment,but America got Paul with his B.S.

Last edited:

bobbooo

Major Contributor
Heads up, there's a typo in the thread title - you accidentally missed out a word at the end: 'bullshit'.

DSJR

Major Contributor
All he needs to do is what Schiit have done. Understand how decent test gear works (I think they always did, acquire a state of the art test suite and then quietly work on improving the products even if 'good enough' was good enough before. In Schiit's case, win-win surely and a whole new or renewed level of respect to the designers, even if their hearts and mindsets are in the fussier, less good technically and more expensive gear they put their hearts and souls into conceiving.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I still can't believe I came within a whisker of buying their DirectStream DAC
because of their FPGA implementation before catching wind of the RME product line.

It sometimes feels as if the language of marketing weasels corrupts any consumer product with no protections for consumers.

Pennyless Audiophile

Hans Beekhuyzen often makes factual errors in describing how digital audio works, but Paul here is just describing what is also my personal experience with equipment, particularly with the spatial reconstruction. At the end of the day, he is not saying that there is magic involved, he is saying that he can't understand why they sound different from the measurements he has.
In any case, it doesn't seem a good commercial practice for an audio manufacturer not listening to their products...knowing that they will be judged mostly by listening.

Top Bottom