• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Innuos PhoenixNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

london_r

A brand new "Audiophile-Grade" network switch.
Seems like good value for money at only 3499 USD... worth picking one up. :)-))?

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don’t need to order one to know it’s not.

Magic(o)_Sebastian

Why all this negativity?
It's up to me to decide if it's worth spending my money.
I just want to share my experience once I have received the device so other people who are thinking about buying one can read about it.
I thought this forum was meant for audiophiles, people who are interested in learning and sharing about the same hobby.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I would get one, you will be supporting the ‘industry’ which is to be commended, you won’t however be improving the sound quality you currently enjoy.
Keith

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not negativity - it's science and understanding how networks work.
You can light your wads of cash on fire and you'll get the same audible improvement to your system as you would buying that switch.
You're better off spending $38 on a Netgear GS105 and using the remaining $3,461 on something that will actually have a real effect.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Can we just remove all the spamidiot accounts?
I’m trying but they are coming out of the woodwork last few days. Use the report function and that will help us find them faster.

OP
L

london_r

Originally opened this thread, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, to highlight the craziness in the marketing of such a product - as someone who has been in the networking industry for > 20years, this hits a bit harder and closer to home. Alas, it also seems to have attracted trolls, therefore hopefully we can park this one here….

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Originally opened this thread, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, to highlight the craziness in the marketing of such a product - as someone who has been in the networking industry for > 20years, this hits a bit harder and closer to home. Alas, it also seems to have attracted trolls, therefore hopefully we can park this one here….
Are you requesting the thread be closed as the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom