• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

72 software Sample Rate Converters put to the test

John Kenny

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ok, let me ask another way - has anybody used any of these SRCs and perceived audible differences which correlate with the plots?

OP
bibo01

bibo01

May I ask what the hardware was used for this testing?
If you are asking about the entire testing system, I posted some explanation here.

However, for this test as it is all in the digital domain (analog signals are not employed), Adobe Audition was used.

Mivera

Major Contributor
If you are asking about the entire testing system, I posted some explanation here.

I see software, but I don't see a hardware parts list.

OP
bibo01

bibo01

I see software, but I don't see a hardware parts list.
It's a highly sophisticated and optimized computer system with ADC/DAC card in it. Various scopes were used to calibrate and match the system.

Mivera

Major Contributor
It's a highly sophisticated and optimized computer system with ADC/DAC card in it. Various scopes were used to calibrate and match the system.

Do you think a general purpose computer in conjunction with an aPX-555 could do similar measurements?

OP
bibo01

bibo01

Do you think a general purpose computer in conjunction with an aPX-555 could do similar measurements?
Tom's system and an AP X-555 are very similar. They actually give the same results. As I said, it was matched against an Audio Precision.
What is required, however, it's a correct measuring methodology, knowing what to measure from situation to situation, an hardware infrastructure to verify results against to, ...
The measuring hardware device by itself is useless.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Tom's system and an AP X-555 are very similar. They actually give the same results. As I said, it was matched against an Audio Precision.
What is required, however, it's a correct measuring methodology, knowing what to measure from situation to situation, an hardware infrastructure to verify results against to, ...
The measuring hardware device by itself is useless.

You mean you can't just plug it in and put it on autopilot? Useless machine, how's the layman supposed to be able to run that? :)

Mivera

Major Contributor
He doesn't. :)

Yeah I suppose to be a valid contributor to the world of audio science, you must possess some level of skill. It's really a shame.

OP
bibo01

bibo01

https://dropfile.to/JycVP
Here you can find standard measurements of the same Oppo 105 made in two separate circumstances (1000 Km apart actually) with an AP and with Tom's system

Mivera

Major Contributor
https://dropfile.to/JycVP
Here you can find standard measurements of the same Oppo 105 made in two separate circumstances (1000 Km apart actually) with an AP and with Tom's system

I'm trying to gather as many experiments to test with the aPX-555 once I get it. I'll be a busy guy for a couple of weeks :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm trying to gather as many experiments to test with the aPX-555 once I get it. I'll be a busy guy for a couple of weeks :)
Given how smart you are, it will take you 13 days just to figure out how the turn it on. So if I were you, I would only make a list of enough tests that you can run in a single day.

:D

Mivera

Major Contributor
Given how smart you are, it will take you 13 days just to figure out how the turn it on. So if I were you, I would only make a list of enough tests that you can run in a single day.

:D

I might need a tutor before hand :) BTW did you figure out how to test that junk I sent you yet?

OP
bibo01

bibo01

Yes, I am interested in the audibility.
If there is interest by various people, we can prepare 2 tracks using 2 resamplers that produce big differences in a listening test.
Let me know...

Top Bottom