• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qobuz and auto enrollment

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
An FYI to any signing on to a trial streaming membership.

Qobuz (and presumably Tidal) auto enroll users to the full subscription.
I discontinued Qobuz after 3 days but got dinged $14.99 for a full month I won't use.

The honorable approach allows users to "Opt In" for continued service, as with Sirius satellite radio. This comes as an unpleasant surprise.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
An FYI to any signing on to a trial streaming membership.

Qobuz (and presumably Tidal) auto enroll users to the full subscription.
I discontinued Qobuz after 3 days but got dinged $14.99 for a full month I won't use.

The honorable approach allows users to "Opt In" for continued service, as with Sirius satellite radio. This comes as an unpleasant surprise.
In my experience any streaming service (audio or visual) does that. You pay (after any trial period) for a month, in advance. You cancel on day 1 of full service , you don't get a refund, you get the rest of the month service you paid for then access stops.

OP
Jim Matthews

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a request in to Sébastien for a refund.

I remain hopeful.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a request in to Sébastien for a refund.

I remain hopeful.

I hope you succeed and its worth anyone else doing the same, but definitely buyer beware. They really won't want to rack up refund charges so I see why they do it. Am I right that qobuz doesn't do a trial period (tidal I think usually 14 days) or have i mis remembered?

ta240

Major Contributor
Am I following correctly that they started a paid subscription after your free trial time had expired?
My experience is most places that get a credit card when you sign up for the free trial will do that and you have to cancel before the free trial is up. It is an annoying process and I'm sure they get plenty of 'subscriptions' from people that just forget.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope you succeed and its worth anyone else doing the same, but definitely buyer beware. They really won't want to rack up refund charges so I see why they do it. Am I right that qobuz doesn't do a trial period (tidal I think usually 14 days) or have i mis remembered?
They offer a 30 day free trial (their current offering)
Not sure which plan the op subscribed to (no info provided) but if its the annual plan he has zero legs to stand on.
Buyer beware? How is that? All it takes is to read the their ToC's or FAQ's before you commit. This is the OP' mistake and he is asking to have Qobuz eat it. Time to put on your big boy pants, at least that is what i would do.

Is the trial period really free?
The trial period really is free and with no obligation. A valid payment method is required in order to confirm your country of origin before you can subscribe, but you will not be charged before the end of your free trial period. If you are unsatisfied with our service, you can cancel at any time during this trial period, at no charge, and still enjoy the service until the end of the free trial period.

Do I have to commit for a certain period of time?
No. You can cancel your subscription at any time, even during the trial period - in which case you will continue to enjoy the benefits of the service until the trial expires. Annual plans are sold with the understanding that you are signing up for a full year in advance without the option of prorated refunds in case of cancellation after the end of the trial period.

OP
Jim Matthews

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is an annoying process and I'm sure they get plenty of 'subscriptions' from people that just forget.

Guilty, and I've been charged.

Top Bottom