• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Blank Verse

Etymotic ER2SE cheaper still... $49 on Adorama now.
https://www.adorama.com/etyer2se.html?emailprice=t
Thank you for this. I can't believe I got these for $53 shipped (including taxes). I've been meaning to get my Ears Raped (props to @oluvsgadgets for the awsome quip in one of his YouTube videos) for a while, I will get some whiskey in preparation for the ordeal.

I am curious if anyone is using room virtualization or speaker simulation (basically crossfeed) plugins with these to simulate soundstage. Something like bs2b (Bauer Stereo To Binaural). Some folks swear by that sort of effect, but I wonder if it would be detrimental to sound quality.

Also thanks to @JohnYang1997, Oluv, and the other folks who have been expounding the virtues of these. Actually I appreciate soundstage a lot (plus accurate and open presentation and detail), so it will be interesting if I will be able to make these work with the aforementioned plugins, or maybe with that tip (pun intended) in that other forum consisting of cutting the stem of an Etymotic tri-flange and extending the sound nozzle of the Etymotic to place it 3 or 4 mm further from the eardrum. Some people claimed this trick offered shocking improvement in the soundstage.

Last edited:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Cleer Flow 1 ANC Over Ear Bluetooth Headphones are on deal of the day sale at B&H for $50 with 2 day shipping. Originally $200-250, they have above average noise cancellation and (imho) sound quality for a Bluetooth ANC. They were on sale for $70 in early march with a brief discussion in this thread. There are a lot of reviews available including this. Note these are the Flow originals (1) not the Flow 2.

Cleer is owned by the large Chinese OEM who also manufactures JBL over ears, and are most similar in construction/sound to the Everest 700 series, with perhaps a bit less bass.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
JBL SUB 550P is frequent on sale for US$190 (regular US$600), so you can figure out the pricing for the rest, by subtracting that first.
While I know it's not going to shake the house down to 10Hz, I wish I could find cea-2010 results on the 550p. Mine go down to about 30-35Hz according to audyssey. While that's not too impressive, from what I've seen, there really isn't anything better under or around $200usd. It's usually boomy chuffing fart boxes in this price range.

I do have to thank you though. I'm really happy with the sb2000pro I picked as a result of researching to your sub spreadsheet. Thanks!

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifiman Can sale (hifiman.com)
Ananda 699 vs 999 list -30%
Sundara 349 vs 499 list -30%

(open box)
HE1000 v2 2199 vs 2999 list
Sundara 299 vs 349 sale vs 499 list
Ananda 599 vs 699 sale vs 999 list
Arya 1299 vs 1599 list
Deva - wireless 229 vs 299 list

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
......how do you compare these with your N90Qs? Do you EQ them?

I am no longer a reliable subjective listening resource due to normal 70ish high frequency hearing loss. Given that, the 560v4, N90q, and Focal Elegia are my current rotation. The original 560s were my favorite phones. I still have them and they sound very similar to the v4. The differences are mostly fit and ruggedness with the v4 superior. I do not think they need EQ but sometimes use the V1 560 settings because they are available and do not make them sound worse. I can say the 560 (and Sundara) are both clearly superior to any of the Hifiman 400/4xx series.

The N90q, as you know, are closed/anc so are definitely the choice in any noisy environment. Love them both.

Top Bottom