• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem AVM 70 and AVM 90 Processors

Fullshred

Vasr

Major Contributor
Looking forward to these processors being released. Judging by how the AVM/MRX Anthem product performed in Amirs testings, I'm hoping these follow in those foot steps and beyond. They look very promising and the prices seem very good.

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/excl...-av-processor-av-receiver-and-amplifier-range

There is already an ongoing thread here.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/anthem-to-introduce-new-models.17049/

I agree with the AVM70 pricing but AVM90 pricing makes zero sense.

jlm70

Agree on the AVM90 pricing, while the 70 is more reasonable

nood1234

Looking forward to these processors being released. Judging by how the AVM/MRX Anthem product performed in Amirs testings, I'm hoping these follow in those foot steps and beyond. They look very promising and the prices seem very good.

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/excl...-av-processor-av-receiver-and-amplifier-range
Anthem ignored my following questions.
1- AVM 70 Is HDMI 2.0b?
2- AVM 70 Does it support Dolby Atmos from TV to the unit?( True e ARC)
My guess is the answer to both questions is no. That is why they refuse to answer.

jlm70

1. AVM 70 is 2.0b now and it will upgradeable to 2.1 in the future (board swap).
2. I've read it's fully eARC, so the Atmos code should pass through correctly... but I've only ordered it, so cannot really test...

nood1234

The question is why is Anthem refusing to answer 2 legitimate questions? Would another member ask Anthem the same questions and post the answers? I find it suspicious that Anthem refuses to put their answer in writing.

lshivamber

Forum Donor
I am using AVM70 with Atmos source connected directly to the TV. Sound is processed by AVM70 as Atmos using eARC (shows on display mode, and effects are present on all speakers).

nood1234

So the answer to 2 questions is
1- Yes
2– Yes
But Anthem refuses to put that in writing.
Why?

nood1234

Anthem finally answered and verified the above.
Really Anthem? 3 weeks to answer simple questions pre-sale?
What is waiting time to answer questions after sale?
Buyer beware.

PabloSRT8

The question is why is Anthem refusing to answer 2 legitimate questions? Would another member ask Anthem the same questions and post the answers? I find it suspicious that Anthem refuses to put their answer in writing.
They are swamped due to Covid.
They will get back to you.

fernane

We in Canada, province of Ontario where Anthem is located are in full lock down, unless your deemed essential, you are not allowed in the office. I am sure Anthem support side has been hindered by these province wide measures.

PabloSRT8

We in Canada, province of Ontario where Anthem is located are in full lock down, unless your deemed essential, you are not allowed in the office. I am sure Anthem support side has been hindered by these province wide measures.
That’s understandable...
I’m on my 5th week of wait and I was just told that “hopefully” within 2 weeks... but I was told about this before the lock down.
So I don’t think I’m going to see this for months.
I would really hate to have to with something else.
I want to replace my McIntosh processor (sold it 2 weeks ago) with the new one, but it’s too much money.

jlm70

Argh… I ordered my AVM70 on the 2nd of April, in Italy, and the Italian distributor has today told me I’ll probably have to wait up to the END OF JULY!!
A total wait of 4 months seems just that bit crazy, if not for…
1. The AKM DAC chips shortage (AKM factory fire-destroyed) is affecting Anthem
2. Anthem is realising there are some hardware bugs to be fixed, other than software (or hdmi 2.1 native?).

In the meantime I’ve immediately received 30kgs of the new Anthem MCA525 gen 2 that is sitting, unconnected, in my AV room… Please Anthem improve AVM production timings! (hoping covid situation is getting better)

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
when will you release an AVM70 review @amirm
I have not yet tested it but I am thinking I need to do that and publish it. I would have done it much earlier if Anthem had not gone silent on me....

Top Bottom