• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Synergistic Research apparently at "war" against Gene from Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
“Matias: Challenge part 1”

just watched the sr vid posted on page 1, If the room reverb in this video is anything to go by then I seriously doubt it’s state of the art

#1 rule for life -> Don’t be a dick

Ted is in breach of #1

Last edited:

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only powerful person Ted knows is Thomas Mapother, a guy known to believe in the efficacy of SR products and other weird stuff.
I used to mow his grandparents yard. When his grandfather died he rented a motorhome and parked in their driveway, wouldn't stay in the house for some reason. Mapother not the other one.

Daverz

Major Contributor
I used to mow his grandparents yard. When his grandfather died he rented a motorhome and parked in their driveway, wouldn't stay in the house for some reason. Mapother not the other one.

If the SR guy is a Scientologist like Tom Cruise, it would explain a lot.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Several recent posts were deleted and the poster was advised why. We at ASR do not advocate or associate with anyone whom espouses engaging in any shape or form of Violence. Any more posts of this nature will be deleted and Bans handed out.

EB1000

Can someone get his hands on any of SR's snake oil products and send them to Amir for measurements?

noiseangel

Amir v Danny
Ted v Gene

Who else can we put on the 2021 AudioMania card? Guttenberg v ???
I will take on Fremer any day of the week. The challenge will start with a hearing test by a qualified person to show how deaf he is and at his age he can't possibly hear the things he says he can hear. I won't even have to take part in the challenge his hearing test will be his downfall.

Last edited:

lemnoc

Why do so many stupid people in audio waste so much money on so many stupid things that do completely nothing ???

As someone on facebook said looks like HRC (High Rupture Capacity) fuses used in multi-meters that you can have for a couple of bucks each from digikey or element14 etc and SR is charging $150 per pop in a fancy box !! And the SR fuses are even directional which makes the HRC fuses better value because they are not directional and much cheaper than Teddy's fuses for identical sound. No wonder the prick drives around in a ferrari :D LOL

And then there is this video with Peter Bruelinger and his gerry-g doll sitting beside him nodding in agreement all of the time. This one just takes the cake as a comedy sketch with those dots you stick on the wall and a pint sized bass trap that rewrites the laws of physics. This is worth a watch just for a laugh :D LOL

And what about this one where he plies his old high-school mate with some grog before he listens to his magic box full of colored LED's. And what's the security guard standing at the door with a mask on ? :D LOL

Last edited:

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And what about this one where he plies his old high-school mate with some grog before he listens to his magic box full of colored LED's. And what's the security guard standing at the door with a mask on ? :D LOL

So they have built a whole room that acts as a bass trap? And still have those black boxes in the room that are supposed to clean up the lower end?
tenor.gif

bo_knows

Why do so many stupid people in audio waste so much money on so many stupid things that do completely nothing ???

As someone on facebook said looks like HRC (High Rupture Capacity) fuses used in multi-meters that you can have for a couple of bucks each from digikey or element14 etc and SR is charging $150 per pop in a fancy box !! And the SR fuses are even directional which makes the HRC fuses better value because they are not directional and much cheaper than Teddy's fuses for identical sound. No wonder the prick drives around in a ferrari :D LOL

And then there is this video with Peter Bruelinger and his gerry-g doll sitting beside him nodding in agreement all of the time. This one just takes the cake as a comedy sketch with those dots you stick on the wall and a pint sized bass trap that rewrites the laws of physics. This is worth a watch just for a laugh :D LOL

Man, I just can't help myself but make a comment.
In the second video with the couple, there's some kind of fireplace mantel or wall right behind their heads. :rolleyes: Open space to the left, and bare (wood?) floor in front of them. I understand this is a domestic space but IMHO, these conditions will hamper any efforts for serious critical listening. I'm not saying they can't enjoy the music, I'm sure they do. Needless to say, I didn't make it past the 2-minute mark in the video and I can sit through all of Amir's videos no matter how long they are. ;) What I learn at this forum is to trust the measurements and do the final confirmation with the ears.
I also fully understand that this is a business for those folks and that is fine with me. We are all entitled to make a living...

Last edited:

DSJR

Major Contributor
People who buy into this stuff will NEVER EVER understand the group think here that these things really make no difference and anything heard is psychological and no doubt easily proved with eyes 'disconnected' from the comparison. there was a gently heated discussion on a UK form about these fuses a couple or three years back and the first legal issue is that apparently, these fuses don't have UK standards stamps impressed on them, not that this ever put UK buyers off. The differences claimed were unbelievable, with no controlled comparisons (just before and after) and barely a question of the prices asked by the believers. The belief in this stuff while ignoring fundamentals was palpable, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

lemnoc

A "directional" fuse for alternating current that needs burn-in time... these people are worse that drug addicts...

Perhaps they mean fuse orientation inside the equipment ie North-South or East-West in line with the Schumann fields. Might have to turn the amplifier around 90 degrees to get a benefit etc :D LOL

Koeitje

Major Contributor
"Unfortunately" his products only do harm to your wallet. For example, in The Netherlands it is illegal to advertise with medical claims on homeopathic products unless it has been scientifically proven. Naturally there still is a severe lack of medical claims on these products.

David Harper

This is why I don't do social media. I have family members who are so politically polarized from each other that they no longer speak to each other.
My brother-in-law actually believes that everything is a conspiracy. He explained to me why the video of the moon landing is fake because the position of the stars in the video "doesn't make sense". And why 9/11 was an inside job. And why the Boston Marathon bombers were framed.
He's a very smart guy. College degree, works for a software company. No amount of argument can change his mind.
And another in-law of mine quit twitter and facebook because they weren't dumb enough for him and he switched to some far-right media website.
My brother is a cop and he's been arguing with me (via email) for a year about police shootings of blacks, bias in the media, all the standard hot-button bullsh*t. And I'm no liberal snowflake. I'm pretty much middle of the road.
It seems like the only way to go is to avoid social media entirely if you're Dellasala. To engage it is to enter La-La land. In high end audio everything is true and nothing is. And he probably shouldn't have posted images of his family but I'm guessing he already knows that.
Forgive me for going off on an off-topic tangent.

Vict0r

My best friend is a cable-believing, Audioquest-Niagara-power-condioner-loving, Anaconda-snake-sized-mains-buying audiophile and rolls his eyes when I talk about all dacs sounding the same to me. Our talks about audio and gear always end up with us diplomatically agreeing to disagree. :D Truth be told, though; his rig sounds gorgeous.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
A "directional" fuse for alternating current that needs burn-in time... these people are worse that drug addicts...
Darn tootin'.
In fact...
What the world really needs is a reversible fuse, like the reversible skid plates on the bottom of a snow blower. That way, when the fuse gets used up, the user can flip it around and use it the other way! Double the value of one's fusal fusorial investment.

Hold my beer. Gonna start workin' on a patent application stat.

:cool:

Perhaps they mean fuse orientation inside the equipment ie North-South or East-West in line with the Schumann fields. Might have to turn the amplifier around 90 degrees to get a benefit etc :D LOL

... and the hits just keep comin'.

Patent number two in the queue. A Fuse Degausser.
I'll be a rich man.
But don't worry. I'll remember all of the little people who made it possible. Maybe y'all can wash my Bugatti. Sometimes.

OK, sorry -- this is a serious topic of conversation. I'll stop now. Really. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom