• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We have a 4" version coming out as well. YU Passive 4" and YU Passive 5.25" will be out sometime in April.
Is it the same as the powered ones or are there difference in drivers, components, etc.?

I own the YU5’s by the way, solid product. I’ve recommended the YU6 to others and they reported back positively, even though it’s not fully neutral:
1217kanto.meas.jpg

BullBuchanan

Edifier S2000 pro active speakers. I think they might be the best package I've bought for $350. They play way above its price range.

I was so impressed with these as my pc monitors that I bought a second set for the kitchen. I have no idea how well they measure, but for the price, form factor, and convenience of being active I think they sound fantastic. I'll probably measure the room response I get in my home office this weekend. I expect I'm loading quite a bit of bass as they're only about 6" from the rear wall.

I should also mentioned that I walked into the first set for $120 second hand and the second set for $70.

Jungstar

Without a doubt the Micca MB42X. Polk T15, and a bunch of Klipsch (different generations) are popular.

For powered: Micca PB42X, Edifier R1280T, and Edifier R1700.
Plus for micca. There is also a passive version. Get many raving reviews.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

BullBuchanan

These are edifier S2000Pro's that sit nearfield on a big metal desk with all sorts of crap on it about 6 inches form my rear wall. Var smoothing with moving mic and a pre and post a super lazy auto EQ.

Attachments

• Edifiers2000Pro.png
    Edifiers2000Pro.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Edifiers2000Pro_AfterEQ.png
    Edifiers2000Pro_AfterEQ.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Top Bottom