• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Keep in mind that I am limited in size. Currently, I'd say the max height would be 36-inches.

I am working to determine if I can expand that through other means. But most likely I would have to purchase the Z-axis extension to test anything larger than a typical bookshelf or smaller sized floorstanding speaker. The Z-axis extension appears to be about 1100 Euro (plus whatever shipping/customs charges there are).

Again, I am working to see if I can remedy this but for now, just keep this in mind.

Daverz

Major Contributor
Keep in mind that I am limited in size. Currently, I'd say the max height would be 36-inches.

I am working to determine if I can expand that through other means. But most likely I would have to purchase the Z-axis extension to test anything larger than a typical bookshelf or smaller sized floorstanding speaker. The Z-axis extension appears to be about 1100 Euro (plus whatever shipping/customs charges there are).

Again, I am working to see if I can remedy this but for now, just keep this in mind.

That's going to rule out most floorstanders. The Vandersteen 2s are 16” x 39.75” x 10.25”, for example. Perhaps this could be crowd funded.

LearningToSmile

I don't have a particular candidate, but would be nice to see something from a company or at least a product range that does not have measurements available for other models(we can roughly know what to expect from Genelec or Neumann, not so much many other manufacturers).

murraycamp

Forum Donor
Great suggestions here. I would add:

JBL 580/590 (may be too large)
Monitor Sliver/bronze (any)
Any Revel towers not already tested

mtmpenn

Forum Donor
How about the philharmonic affordable accuracy plus (link)?

I would also be very interested in something by Chane (a series of new L series).

Ericglo

Boringly predicable :)

I don't have a particular candidate, but would be nice to see something from a company or at least a product range that does not have measurements available for other models(we can roughly know what to expect from Genelec or Neumann, not so much many other manufacturers).

Agreed!

I am not sure why Genelec needs to be high on the list. Amir has already tested four so far.

Traid was a good suggestion. Tektonic as well.

Goldenear is one I would like to see. I have never heard a good demo and would like to see if the measurements match my impression.

Evozero

I have just bought some Wharfedale Diamond 230 floor standing speakers, based on the 220 review Amir did. Found to be a really good budget gem with the grills off.
I would love to know how my 230's fair against the might of the NFS!
Loving the reviews Erin and your Youtube channel is really shaping up, Cheers.
Ian

chelgrian

Dynaudio Confidence 20 because no one seems to have measured this flagship monitor yet.

As far as how to get one...hmm there's a used on on Audiogon if someone has the cash :D

I'm more interested in the DynAudio Contour i series. The Confidence being the flagship is extremely expensive. Where as the Dynaudio Contour i is in the same ball park as the heavily ASR recommended Revel Performa Be. It would be interesting to more people (including me) to know if is a viable alternative or not.

The closest thing around is some stereophile measurements of the previous Contour 20 here

https://www.stereophile.com/content/dynaudio-contour-20-loudspeaker-measurements

SlowCar

Definitely Adam Audio A7x:)
Also as somebody earlier mentioned Kef R7 would be nice.
And Revel F36

Last edited:

Ericglo

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am friends with the owners of AVScience. They might be able to hook you up especially if you post your results on their forum.
I thought they sold the forum years ago.

Top Bottom