• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The kit we bought, our current setups

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Updated, now with heights added. Same small room so pretty packed but what the heck...
That's an incredible system Don, I'm so jealous.
Mind if I ask the distance between your front L & R Salons?
TIA, Sal

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hah hah any time you ever pass through San Antonio Texas PM me a fellow member is always welcome.
If I ever get around your digs I'll give you a shout. I'd love to hear your rig Dan,, looks very powerful.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
That's an incredible system Don, I'm so jealous.
Mind if I ask the distance between your front L & R Salons?
TIA, Sal

Thanks Sal! About 8', and the same from each to the MLP.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks Sal! About 8', and the same from each to the MLP.
Great, thanks! That's just about the same as my JBL's only I can't (easily) get the MLP that close.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I payed 6k for the Isoacoustics dolly set....don't judge me ;)

I believe i spot a vintage Yamaha amp. How can anyone judge anyone with that kind of gear not in a positive light?

pads

View attachment 112537View attachment 112538View attachment 112539View attachment 112541View attachment 112542View attachment 112543

New member long time lurker
Room dimension 29 long by 18 wide by 9 ft high
Has been sound treated light controlled
2 rows 2nd on riser 2nd row is sweet spot

Equipment projector epson 6050ub
Screen Black Diamond ALR we watch a lot of sports with people in and out so I needed a screen that ciuld handle some light
Processor Anthem AVM 60
Amplifiers Anthem MCA 525 and Anthem PVA 7
Roku Ultra
Apple 4k
Sony 4k UBP X800
Speakers front 3 JBL 590's for L C R
Surrounds 4 RBH SV-661W on walls
In ceilings 4 paradigm CI Elite E80-IW

Subwoofers 1 RBH-SV1212PR
1 RBH-SV1212NR plan on adding 2 more for 4 total

Enjoy any constructive feedback is appreciated!

Thou shall not covet thy neighbours system......

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I finished the speaker cabinets in walnut to match our furniture in another room
Beautiful job on the staining-finishing, nice.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, the corrupting influence of this forum has bitten me again. Now, it’s undermining a long-term relationship.

I just bought a used pair of Revel Concerta F12 towers. My beloved Advents, after 44 years of loyal service, are looking at me with puppy-dog eyes welling with tears.

Rick “now gotta figure out how to make them work in this room” Denney

cursive

Forum Donor
So, the corrupting influence of this forum has bitten me again. Now, it’s undermining a long-term relationship.

I just bought a used pair of Revel Concerta F12 towers. My beloved Advents, after 44 years of loyal service, are looking at me with puppy-dog eyes welling with tears.

44 years! Now that's getting your moneys worth. I think you have more discipline than most of us, definitely earned an upgrade. :)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I dunno if I’d describe it as “hi-fi” in the purist sense but it is perfect for myself, saying that I’d love to try buchardt or barefoot monitors just to see if the expense could be justified.

2020 iMac/iPad Pro with 1.5tb alac files with Roon/Tidal hifi -> Cambridge Audio CXN V2 -> KRK 10s sub -> KRK G4 Rocket 7, Audioquest Pearl usb cable, Audioquest Pearl Ethernet cables to iMac & CXN V2, Balanced Neutrik/Van Damnne XLR cables to sub & monitors with isoacoustic 155 speaker stands and isoacoustic 200 subwoofer stands along with GIK acoustic treatment in the room.

50835160652_ce9c70ffab_k.jpg

50933084102_f09f0aab31_k.jpg

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

New room arrangement.

F12-from-LP.JPEG

Listening to Liszt tone poems transcribed for two pianos right now.

Rick “nothing to complain about yet” Denney

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Rick “nothing to complain about yet” Denney
I take it you play that Tuba? That's a big heavy guy to carry around.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That particular tuba is bigger and heavier than most, and fits in a class of instruments called “Kaisertubas”. I also own a very fat grand orchestral Holton, but then I have a number of smaller tubas, too.

This pic is from 1991, and I’m second from the left. I’m playing a very small Yamaha F tuba. The group is the TubaMeisters, of San Antonio.

TubaMeisters1991-dsqz.JPG

More recent, hair now gray, with the big Hirsbrunner you saw in the speaker pic.

denney_with_Hirsbrunner.JPG

Rick “got sucked into playing tuba when the 7th-grade band director saw that I could carry it” Denney

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
More recent, hair now gray, with the big Hirsbrunner you saw in the speaker pic.
Dang, with you holding it gives it more proportion, that a big sucker for sure!

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Updated, now with heights added. Same small room so pretty packed but what the heck...
  • 65" LG OLED (few years old, don't remember model), cable box, Sonos Connect, Oppo UDP-203
  • JBL SDP-75, Emotiva XPA-2 (L/R), Emotiva XPA-5 (C/Surrounds/Rears), Buckeye Amps 4-ch NC252 (heights)
  • Revel speakers: 6 x Salon2, Voice2, 4 x M80XC (heights); 4 x Rythmik F12 subwoofers; surrounds barely visible near couch
  • Room is 13'3" W x 17'7" L x 8'5" H; concrete floor, isolated walls/ceiling double drywall on Kinetics IsoMax clips, Rockwool 6" walls ~12" ceiling, minsplit HVAC (no ducts to the rest of the house); various absorbers on walls and ceiling, mix of 4"/6"/12" (corner traps)

View attachment 112573

View attachment 112574
How often do you have to wipe the smile off your face?
:eek::p
Great System!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

danzilla31

Forum Donor
That particular tuba is bigger and heavier than most, and fits in a class of instruments called “Kaisertubas”. I also own a very fat grand orchestral Holton, but then I have a number of smaller tubas, too.

This pic is from 1991, and I’m second from the left. I’m playing a very small Yamaha F tuba. The group is the TubaMeisters, of San Antonio.

TubaMeisters1991-dsqz.JPG

denney_with_Hirsbrunner.JPG

Rick “got sucked into playing tuba when the 7th-grade band director saw that I could carry it” Denney
Did you say San Antonio as in San Antonio TX? That's where I live you still live out here? Be cool to have another forum member in town

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I moved from SA to Dallas in 1993. Dallas is NOT an improvement over San Antonio, and I still miss SA. Moved from Dallas to Virginia a few years after that, and met my wife here.

Rick “had a better listening room in SA but here is now home” Denney

Top Bottom