• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophonics MPA-M250NC 1x250W Amplifier

dguillor

Forum Donor
I recently purchased a MPA-M250NC amplifier from Audiophonics, and I am very happy with the unit. I am using it to drive a full range speaker, and the sound is crystal clear. The unit is small and light. The construction seems robust. It arrived surprisingly fast to the USA.

Flo

I am looking at their Hypex and Purifi amplifiers as well since I saw ASR reviews of Nord and Apollon amplifiers (I'm in France).

I wanted a pruifi stereo amp, but if I'm not wrong Audiophonics have no dual mono, only the one below with one power supply for both channels:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/powe...ass-d-stereo-purifi-2x400w-4-ohm-p-14393.html

Otherwise there is this dual mono Hypex which seems nice as well:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/powe...s-d-amplifier-2x400w-4-ohm-ncore-p-14154.html

Does anybody have a comment or advice ?!

Pritaudio

you Are at the mercy of a crossover in a three way tower. putting the room aside for now at least.

Pritaudio

Yeah it’s got to do with implementation of three ways.
its more difficult to get right with the room too.
so having a high sinad amp maybe overkill.
I suppose it’s another discussion.

hyptul

A good amplifier is easy to buy (I am quite happy with my Audiophonics MPA-S125NC). But how do you buy good floorstanding speakers? ASR does not have the measurements of such systems (I bought headphones and bookshelf speakers according to Amir's recommendations).

Flo

ASR does not have the measurements of such systems

You can find floorstanding speakers reviews on ASR, but not many. It's understandable though, considering the size and weight of these things...
I wish Amirm could review more of them as well.

I bought headphones and bookshelf speakers according to Amir's recommendations

Which bookshelf speaker did you buy?

dubby

I saw a review of Revel F35, but it didn't switch my shopper trigger.

JBL 306P MKII and Elac Debut Reference DBR62.
Hello,

I have too Elac Debut Reference DBR62 speakers.
What amplifier and DAC do you have ?
Thx. ;)

Top Bottom