• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

PLB

There we go! thanks for the tips. Sorry not the best pic, all I had on my phone.

Attachments

• View recent photos.jpg
    View recent photos.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 427

PLB

Dynaudio Heritage Special by Rob Moores, on Flickr

My system:

Accuphase E-480
Accuphase DAC-50 Module
Accuphase AD-50 Module
Auralic Aries Mini
Technics SL1200G
Audio Technica VM540
Dynaudio Heritage Special
Dynaudio Stand 20 Stands - waiting for delivery of the top plates.
I'll answer this with a new photo, since some people (@matro5 and others) have asked for a full room shot. Now with white stands.

View attachment 115483

Electronics: Devialet Expert 400
Turntable: Michell Gyro SE
Tonearm: SME M2-9R
Cartridges: Varies, I have several
Reel to Reel: Revox PR-99 MK II (currently)
Subs: 2 x Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X
Cables: BJC Canare star quad
I'll answer this with a new photo, since some people (@matro5 and others) have asked for a full room shot. Now with white stands.

View attachment 115483

I really like the look of the stand 20 with the Heritage. Now I’m considering getting a pair....
Damn it!

matro5

Thank you guys for sharing your systems!
This is my favorite thread.

Agreed.

I love seeing how everyone is setting their speakers up and how they're being used. I'm planning to build a new system from scratch around the Heritage special, so I've got some choices ahead of me. I've got a few options in house - from a 12w push/pull EL84 integrated to 500w Hypex monoblocks - ready to test on my pair when they arrive, but I am very much up in the air on what I'm going to eventually be driving mine with. So, it's great to see the broad range of lustworthy amplification choices - Accuphase to Devialet! - since I've got everything from Leben to Lyngdorf on my *that could be interesting...* list.

Oh, and you can also add me to Team TT, as well.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
3 out of the last 3 Heritage Special systems posted have TT's....

That's kind of interesting.

Especially for ASR.
Doesn't really surprise me personally, if someone spends $6000 for a pair of retro marketed compact passive loudspeakers then the chance that he also likes vinyl are not small. Would be rather surprised if I would see 3 last Neumann or Genelec systems posted in ASR with TTs :D

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
20,000€+ System with cheap Canare 4S11 as speaker wires: Hope some Audiophiles will learn why it makes sense someday...

Joyck888

Okay.. the hype is real. Just got it at home and the most engaging speakers from all the speakers I have owned.

Initial listening without burning in, already superb. I imaging locked.. staging is the very best. Sounding more smooth .. as burning in further.

(coming from Field coil, Maggie, 1.7i, 3.7i, Atc 40, 19, Lawrence, Devore, PMC DB1, Bucharest, Dynaudio xeo, elac, Amphion 7ls, revel studio)

Running with Denafrips TP, Doge 8 pre and Krell KSA50 amp. Rel Ti7 x2 .. turned off for now.

I will not be buying or upgrading anything for awhile.

Robmoores1

Okay.. the hype is real. Just got it at home and the most engaging speakers from all the speakers I have owned.

Initial listening without burning in, already superb. I imaging locked.. staging is the very best. Sounding more smooth .. as burning in further.

(coming from Field coil, Maggie, 1.7i, 3.7i, Atc 40, 19, Lawrence, Devore, PMC DB1, Bucharest, Dynaudio xeo, elac, Amphion 7ls, revel studio)

Running with Denafrips TP, Doge 8 pre and Krell KSA50 amp. Rel Ti7 x2 .. turned off for now.

I will not be buying or upgrading anything for awhile.

Great to hear that you are enjoying them.

They really are wonderful speakers - end-game for me I would suspect. I am not sure where I would look to beat them for a "real world" price.

Burn in is interesting with these speakers.......

RobS

Forum Donor

How do you like the BJC Canare Star Quad cables? Why did you select those over regular 2-strand cables?

Just curious if you found differences between that and other cables. Benchmark recommends that exact Canare star quad cable which is what I ordered with my AHB2.

Any other Heritage Special owners using the AHB2 amplifier?

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
How do you like the BJC Canare Star Quad cables? Why did you select those over regular 2-strand cables?

Just curious if you found differences between that and other cables. Benchmark recommends that exact Canare star quad cable which is what I ordered with my AHB2.

Any other Heritage Special owners using the AHB2 amplifier?

I selected them because I like the color of the jacket, the diameter, the flexibility, build quality, and the price was reasonable.

RobS

Forum Donor
You didn’t consider their performance over regular two strand cables?

RobS

Forum Donor
I was under the impression star quad cables are better in the aspect of shielding from magnetic interference, I guess that doesn’t matter in home use? I’m running a full balanced signal from source to end, star quad are technically balanaced speaker cables IIRC.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I was under the impression star quad cables are better in the aspect of shielding from magnetic interference, I guess that doesn’t matter in home use? I’m running a full balanced signal from source to end, star quad are technically balanaced speaker cables IIRC.

In theory, it is.

But I’m not doing a long run or running it in wall.

And I keep my most sensitive analog cable, the tone arm cable, well away from the speaker cable.

The only other analog interconnects are the tape deck, which is balanced, and the subs.

I have not noticed any issues, but I didn’t have any with generic cable, either.

Robmoores1

Agreed.

I love seeing how everyone is setting their speakers up and how they're being used. I'm planning to build a new system from scratch around the Heritage special, so I've got some choices ahead of me. I've got a few options in house - from a 12w push/pull EL84 integrated to 500w Hypex monoblocks - ready to test on my pair when they arrive, but I am very much up in the air on what I'm going to eventually be driving mine with. So, it's great to see the broad range of lustworthy amplification choices - Accuphase to Devialet! - since I've got everything from Leben to Lyngdorf on my *that could be interesting...* list.

Oh, and you can also add me to Team TT, as well.

From an amplification perspective these speakers do like power. The Special 40's I had previously seemed a little easier to drive.

Top Bottom