• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worth Anything?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was cleaning out a closet last night and found these 3 items that I have had for a long time. the NAD 6240 deck won't play but it turns on. The Denon TU-450 works fine and the Sony TC-RX70ES works but only in reverse play mode. Can't attach pics due to the limit on file size.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can downsize your pictures and it will work.

OP
Rottmannash

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't seem to be able to decrease the size of the file in my phone-S10+.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm guessing if they were in really good shape and presented well on eBay, you'd do well to net $150 for the bunch, but otherwise, the tuner looks like a typical thrift-store find, but they probably won't want to take in broken cassette decks. There's still a market for higher end 3-head, dual capstan models and professional portables, but not as much for more common 2-head models.

OP
Rottmannash

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm guessing if they were in really good shape and presented well on eBay, you'd do well to net $150 for the bunch, but otherwise, the tuner looks like a typical thrift-store find, but they probably won't want to take in broken cassette decks. There's still a market for higher end 3-head, dual capstan models and professional portables, but not as much for more common 2-head models.
OK. Thanks. I thought maybe the Denon would be worth a bit, since it was made in Japan.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OK. Thanks. I thought maybe the Denon would be worth a bit, since it was made in Japan.
Those Denon's go for like $50 or less on ebay usually.
I had one ( I think mine was a 460) and actually liked it quite a lot. What I liked about it was in Auto, it switched between stereo and mono and did quieting for weak stations exactly as I would if I were doing it manually. At the time I had a large outdoor antenna and listened to a fair number of stations some near and some rather far off with variable signal strength.

It was a box of mostly air. Inside was a 4 inch square board with a chip based tuner and some op-amps. Now it actually worked and sounded quite good. But it won't have the value of some older complex Denon tuners.

Top Bottom