• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to belabor but to clarify - 'the voltage spec' is sensitivity spec??
What I meant was when the spec refers to a voltage value, unless otherwise specified, it is the RMS value, not peak value, whether it is input or output.
If this is the case, returning to the earlier discussion re: which is better - a bridged 252 or one channel of a 502 - it would seem that the bridged 252 with an input sensitivity of 1.7 would be the better choice for those of us with input voltage limits of 2 Vrms.
Sort of yes. You will get the maximum rated power from a bridged NC252MP, which is 400 W @ 4Ω and 500 W @ 8Ω (versus 355 W @ 4Ω and 177 @ 8Ω for NC502MP). Since when you bridge the amp, the load impedance is effectively halved, you'll lose some ability to drive lower impedance speakers. Hypex recommends using only 8Ω rated speakers when bridging.

Also, a 2 channel Buckeye NC252MC is USD$499 each, and NC502MC is USD$649 each. So two NC252MP is significantly more expensive than one NC502MP.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Feedback time: what length power cord is ideal for customers? Currently supply a 6ft cord (figure its better to supply more then less) but since they are 14awg cords, it does make it a slight hassle for cable management for those who don't need much length.

About to reorder my power cord inventory and wasn't sure if 3ft is ideal.

Thanks!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Three feet is way too short for me. How many have complained about too long a power cord? You can bundle it, wrap it, tie it out of the way. If it doesn't reach there's no way to extend it; have to buy an extension cord or new power cord. I thought six feet was pretty standard for power cables? But not my field...

Wombat

Master Contributor
6ft. - with 3ft optional at time of order.

nstzya

Also, a 2 channel Buckeye NC252MC is USD$499 each, and NC502MC is USD$649 each. So two NC252MP is significantly more expensive than one NC502MP.

Four channel 252 is $779. The Hypex rec to use 8ohm loads is surprising given that they are rated to 2 Ohms. But good points, all taken.

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You're still using the IEC style plug, right? Then whatever IEC cord is cheapest.
Mine will be rack mounted, so I'll probably replace it with the shortest one I can find anyway.
KISS, as said.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
So a customer was kind enough to make a logo idea and I like it. Simple but not just words.

What does everyone think?

Attachments

• BuckEye Amps.png
    BuckEye Amps.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 163

nstzya

So a customer was kind enough to make a logo idea and I like it. Simple but not just words.

It’s nice. A suggestion? The simpler the better. Think Apple. I like the tiny stylized buckeye leaf. How about that alone (blown up a bit of course)? And you never know - you may not limit yourself to Amps.

Last edited:

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Not sure what, but suggests something else to me. Unlike Apple, the leaf on its own is not readily distinguishable as a buckeye, so think it needs the words...

If you alter the shape to look more like an amplifier (more rectangular), think it works better IMO.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
So I was thinking maybe just the top half of the logo to put on the amps (the BA and the leaf) but the entire thing for my business logo

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Big leaf, Buckeye written under it. That's it.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So I was thinking maybe just the top half of the logo to put on the amps (the BA and the leaf) but the entire thing for my business logo

Smart to consider more than one logo variant. IME, also may want to consider how it might look embroidered. The stylized leaf would need to much bigger to be recognizable. @Matias logo suggestion has that advantage. :)

nstzya

I like Matias' suggestion and am working on that (well my customer)

Big stylized leaf I hope. A true to form recognizable leaf looks too hokey. IMHO. It’s a logo. KISS. If you must, use “Buckeye” until you get street cred - then you can drop Buckeye leaving just the stylized leaf. ;-)

Top Bottom