• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

gvl

Major Contributor
They showcased the sample back in October last year, earlier than the fire, I think. The choice of the chip is more like a statement that says they can use anything to achieve 120dB of SINAD.

But, but, can they achieve the sound signature? ;)

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Alas, I forgot to ask them how much it costs when released. I will update the review when I find out.
giphy (1).gif

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Get ready for some torture in watching my first youtube video that I just created on this DAC!!! Added it to the review but here it is as well:

Andreas007

My „Monk“ says:
„A zero displayed together with a minus sign deserves a headless panther!“

;)

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Nice video! Not too long and informative.
Explaining really good the why,s of each test, i like that especially cause i'm not so good in the technical stuff.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

YSC

Major Contributor
Get ready for some torture in watching my first youtube video that I just created on this DAC!!! Added it to the review but here it is as well:

Nice one, I don’t expect you are this grown up and still able to lug around those heavy speakers!

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Thanks Amir for the (video) review!

Topping should make a fully featured multi-ch AVR, or AVP with Dirac. I'm sure they'd knock it out of the park, as they've proven time and time again to put in a lot of effort into their engineering.
+++1

Topping and others have shown that the 2ch DAC at reasonable prices has been fully conquered. Performance is there and it is mostly about features.

The next frontier is a multi channel pre/dac AVR with DSP. It should do both 2ch and multichannel at the level of today's 2ch DACs with DSP enabled.

First company to market this will make waves...

bequietjk

@GWolfman I think Topping has reached a level of performance and connection with it's consumers that none others have. Just my speculation.

Personally, I'd go Topping. Customer support has been great through ASR and will most likely be a more reliable product.

Top Bottom