• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wild places, post em if you got em...

pads

One of our favourite spots.
beach.jpg

OP
pads

pads

My picture is just north of you Amir, west coast Vancouver Island. I have family in Idaho and have driven through eastern Washington. We live in a beautiful part of the world.

OP
pads

pads

I hiked right to the edge of the Mt Baker glacier. It's fascinating seeing Mt Shuksan and all the other peaks around. Gorgeous summer place.
My partner is Dutch, when she first saw it I let her know that it's an active volcano, for a brief moment I thought she'd be taking the next flight back...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My partner is Dutch, when she first saw it I let her know that it's an active volcano, for a brief moment I thought she'd be taking the next flight back...
Did you know they had ~33m of snowfall in I think 1997 at the ski resort at Mt Baker. They had to shut down the ski lifts because the snowfall was going to rip the lift poles from the foundations. I was up there after that winter in August and there was still snow/corn-ice about 12m thick over the small lake that is there. It's a great summer day hike to drive up to the top of the road in August and then park the car and do the hike over the ridges to Mt Baker.

OP
pads

pads

Did you know they had ~33m of snowfall in I think 1997 at the ski resort at Mt Baker. They had to shut down the ski lifts because the snowfall was going to rip the lift poles from the foundations. I was up there after that winter in August and there was still snow/corn-ice about 12m thick over the small lake that is there. It's a great summer day hike to drive up to the top of the road in August and then park the car and do the hike over the ridges to Mt Baker.
I'm hoping that when this is all over I can take her for a trip to the Olympics, it's been years since I was there, combine it with a drive down the Washington coast, It's a great trip.

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Upstream:

upstream.jpg
Upstream 2.jpg

Top Bottom