• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element X: Is compatible with spotify?

cronos

Hello,

I would like to buy a DAC with an integrated streamer and had seen positive reviews of the Matrix Audio Element X model.

I think this player uses an application on the phone called MA Remote and from there the music plays, please correct me if it is not correct.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Spotify on the DAC from the mobile phone without turning on the computer? On the official website I cannot find any confirmation in this regard.

In case it is not supported, is it known if it will be available in the near future? any alternative DAC options with built-in streamer compatible with Tidal and Spotify?

Kind regards

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hello,

I would like to buy a DAC with an integrated streamer and had seen positive reviews of the Matrix Audio Element X model.

I think this player uses an application on the phone called MA Remote and from there the music plays, please correct me if it is not correct.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Spotify on the DAC from the mobile phone without turning on the computer? On the official website I cannot find any confirmation in this regard.

In case it is not supported, is it known if it will be available in the near future? any alternative DAC options with built-in streamer compatible with Tidal and Spotify?

Kind regards
I had the Element X and use Spotify. The Element X includes Airplay (the older version) so you can go directly from your phone to the Element X, not sure what you are getting at regarding having your computer on, certainly not necessary. The Element X does NOT include Spotify connect and IMO Airplay really sucks. In fact I've given up trying to find units with built in streaming and just use a Node 2i with a digital out to my preamp. The Node 2i is a painless way to stream all your music, includes Spotify connect, Roon, MQA, all major streaming services and on and on. You can use the Bluesound app or just use the Spotify app itself; I rarely need the Bluesound app unless I'm changing some setting in the Node. I returned the Element X for numerous bugs including a poor app.

raykkho

Forum Donor
I think it was mentioned somewhere that it's whether Spotify wants to be "connected" in a way like what Tidal and Qobuz are doing, for example, can be connected through Roon.

OP
cronos

cronos

I had the Element X and use Spotify. The Element X includes Airplay (the older version) so you can go directly from your phone to the Element X, not sure what you are getting at regarding having your computer on, certainly not necessary. The Element X does NOT include Spotify connect and IMO Airplay really sucks. In fact I've given up trying to find units with built in streaming and just use a Node 2i with a digital out to my preamp. The Node 2i is a painless way to stream all your music, includes Spotify connect, Roon, MQA, all major streaming services and on and on. You can use the Bluesound app or just use the Spotify app itself; I rarely need the Bluesound app unless I'm changing some setting in the Node. I returned the Element X for numerous bugs including a poor app.

thank you very much for the feedback!

I have a doubt. Using Node 2i + DAC, do you get MQA compatibility? Using a separate DAC and streamer makes me afraid that some HD music files are not compatible with toslink connections. I guess it is impossible to use the USB output of the Node 2i to connect it to the USB input of a DAC, is it?

Is it possible to send audio from youtube music to Node 2i? a solution could be chromecast audio via toslink?

thank you!

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

I have a doubt. Using Node 2i + DAC, do you get MQA compatibility? Using a separate DAC and streamer makes me afraid that some HD music files are not compatible with toslink connections. I guess it is impossible to use the USB output of the Node 2i to connect it to the USB input of a DAC, is it?

Is it possible to send audio from youtube music to Node 2i? a solution could be chromecast audio via toslink?

thank you!

I believe that to utilize the Node 2i MQA feature your DAC would need to be MQA compatible. I don't know the answer to your other questions. You may want to rethink your desire to experience MQA; even Paul McGowan doesn't like it (see his video). Other threads here at ASR explain that it is a fanciful compression scheme designed to make money for the originators (who have since sold off the rights and ridden off into the sunset).

raykkho

Forum Donor

thank you!

Take a look at this, not sure if the hardware has been updated since.

Top Bottom