• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monolith M1060C headphone settings?

Toroid

Good afternoon!

Looking at squeezing all the goodness I can out of these cans. I set up my Senn HD6XX with Amir's recommendations using Equalizer APO with tremendous results (Sub-bass is killer)
The M1060Cs have better bass than the Senns by default so looking at boosting capability here.

Anyone know of good Equalizer APO setting for these?

Thanks!

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
T

Toroid

Thanks! But that one is for the regular M1060, mine is the M1060C (closed back). I do believe the drivers are different, as well.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! But that one is for the regular M1060, mine is the M1060C (closed back). I do believe the drivers are different, as well.
Yea hard to find settings for Monolith brand, rarely have they been tested. I bought a pair of their studio monitoring headphones recently and they don't have any pew settings. I'll be using them for DIY mod's that I want to try

SlightlyObsessed

Here are some EQsettings, but source is unknown. Given by jaakkopasanen at AutoEQ.
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/feoy6r/_/fjq1cv5
Hi, I know I'm sort of late to this thread.. but your post really delivered a ton of value to me and my listening experience. So first I'd just like to thank you :)

I did have a question about the values you listed off in your table, specifically regarding parametric eq's. I'm actually not using EQ APO, but rather the built in settings on my DAC: monolith thx aaa 788 dac/amp (discontinued as of now). It contains a low shelf, high shelf, and 5 parametric eq's.

(1) I'm wondering what settings would be of greater use with my system? Given my limited options. I'm guessing its probably best to use the first 5... but could I mix and match from the chart? With only 5 parametric options I really would like to maximize the capabilities of my headphones.

(2) Also, I'm unfamiliar with the following terminology if you could explain it to me: "12 dB / octave slope" & "independent subset of filters". I feel like this is important information.

Current Configuration:
[(+-6db is my system's max/min FYI) (I never use the first eq setting at 42hz btw)]

(1) low shelf | +6db at 100hz

(2) parametric eq's that I've enabled at all times =
144 Hz1.61-3.3 dB
1632 Hz2.24-6.0 dB
3238 Hz2.326.0 dB
6137 Hz45.3 dB

(3) 5th and last parametric eq I switch around=
1128 Hz2.5-1.7 dB
depending on mood I pick one or the other
50 Hz2.61.5 dB

Top Bottom