• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good DAC for the Bryston BHA-1?

mtristand

I've got a Bryston BHA-1, looking for a good DAC to accompany it for headphone usage. Thanks for any help / recommendations you can offer. Not looking to spend more than a few thousand USD (absolute max).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Topping D90 is already exceeding what a person can hear. The Brystons are military quality I heard and yes they have the 5 year warranty on digital product. The price is up to 8x more for a Bryston depending on the model of DAC. :D

BDA-3
BDA-2
BDA-3.14

Linus

The Topping D90 is already exceeding what a person can hear. The Brystons are military quality I heard and yes they have the 5 year warranty on digital product. The price is up to 8x more for a Bryston depending on the model of DAC. :D

BDA-3
BDA-2
BDA-3.14

8 times !?
You can get the BDA 3.14 for a little over 4K and BDA 2 a little under 2K.
Topping D90 is 930 on amazon.
I agree it is a big difference, but Bryston will still be around in 20 years if anything happens to your DAC, and it matches his BHA-1. And it’s a local business (for us).

Linus

8 times !?
I agree it is a big difference, but Bryston will still be around in 20 years if anything happens to your DAC, and it matches his BHA-1. And it’s a local business (for us).

If OP is living in USA, it indeed comes to 8x the price...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
8 times !?
I did a quick google and USA$ the D90 is $749.00 and the upper Bryston was ~$5K if memory serves me correct. It's sometimes awkward with all the Canadian and USA websites I get when I search for stuff. In 20 years I doubt anybody will be using these things anyway. Are we searching for a Canadian buyer or a USA buyer? It's easier if peeps at least put their country of origin in their profile. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If OP is living in USA, it indeed comes to 8x the price...
As a Canadian I would like to see Bryston succeed and make a sale although a DAC is a DAC once they get to the level both of them are at.

Linus

As a Canadian I would like to see Bryston succeed and make a sale although a DAC is a DAC once they get to the level both of them are at.

Totally agree with you on that.
Sometimes according to where you live, it makes more sense to get a product versus another one.
I love how we are probably the cheapest place to get a pair of Genelec by the way.

Top Bottom