• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Feel the bass

Brownhunter

Hi All!

I am currently seeking an really strong bass or subwoofer, that you can feel in your bones. Unfortunately I am unsure where to look first, can anyone please make some recommendations, by any chance?

Any assistance be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Hi All!

I am currently seeking an really strong bass or subwoofer, that you can feel in your bones. Unfortunately I am unsure where to look first, can anyone please make some recommendations, by any chance?

Cheers!

To feel it in your bones, you need some power. What maybe your neighbour makes unhappy. ;)

dfuller

Major Contributor
Rhythmik F12, perhaps? 400w of amp, sealed, response well down below 20hz.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
SPL is SPL is SPL

has nothing to to with the power, if the level is the same

on a sidenote: your body wont vibrate. you need to make your seat vibrate

carewser

You didn't mention a budget so I recommend the Paradigm Sub 2 as it goes down to 7hz and can put out 4500 watts RMS with it's six ten inch drivers but in order to get the full performance out of the sub you'll have to rewire your house to 240 volts instead of the standard 120 volts

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Other than the Paradigm Sub 2 as suggested, the sub1 would do it too.

Another one that can move my couch is my Seating Sound Submersive F2. Twin 15" sealed sub. But I don't suggest it due to bad customer service. So, find some nicely rated 15" subs with good customer service, you should be good.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Rythmik, Power Sound Audio, JTR.

If you're looking for bone-shattering bass I'd start at dual 15" ported and get at least two, if your room is decently large you may actually want multiple 18"++.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi All!

Cheers!

What country do you live in?

What is your relative budget?

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You didn't mention a budget so I recommend the Paradigm Sub 2 as it goes down to 7hz and can put out 4500 watts RMS with it's six ten inch drivers but in order to get the full performance out of the sub you'll have to rewire your house to 240 volts instead of the standard 120 volts

You can get a better subwoofer than the Sub 2 for significantly less money depending on where you live.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Another one that can move my couch is my Seating Sound Submersive F2. Twin 15" sealed sub. But I don't suggest it due to bad customer service. So, find some nicely rated 15" subs with good customer service, you should be good.

Sad that Seaton is having those customer service issues.

*Edit: Used to have 2 Submersives(amazing subwoofers for the size), and his Cat12 Actives were my dream HT speakers many years back. Customer service back then was great, so I feel like something happened in his life. Actually, I wonder if he's doing better now. I see that he actually has a website now, which was not the case a couple years ago when I was reading about the customer service issues.

Last edited:

gattaca

Last edited:

noname

FB_IMG_1611297532541.jpg

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean they make those exciter things, if you want to feel bass without going deaf I'd use them.
Tactile Transducer

Pawelekdabek

You didn't mention it but You probably need at least 2 of them for proper stereo image and to counter room modes.

carewser

^Good point but then you'd probably have to rewire your house to 360 volts or even 480 volts instead of 240 volts and drawing that much power could cause a blackout in your neighborhood

No way

The sub 1 only goes down to 12hz and puts out a measly 1700 watts RMS

With performance like that, why even buy a sub?

Last edited:

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
^Good point but then you'd probably have to rewire your house to 360 volts or even 480 volts instead of 240 volts and drawing that much power could cause a blackout in your neighborhood

No way

The sub 1 only goes down to 12hz and puts out a measly 1700 watts RMS

With performance like that, why even buy a sub?
How often you listen to anything with 7 Hz bass? Or 12 Hz bass?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What’s the use of the sub? Only music or mainly movies? That does matter quite a bit for the working range of a sub.

Nobody mentioned a tapped horn.. if you want a lot of output, get a decent 15” or 18” PA subwoofer driver a few KW of power and some ear protection :)

https://data-bass.com/ should get you some inspiration

Last edited:

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Top Bottom