• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Do you offer a warranty with your amps?
One year on the modules. And for as long as I can, replacement/help replacing parts like the LED, switches, etc.
(I say that in the realization that I will never just pack up shop and cut off from customers but if I ever have to stop making the amps due to my career/etc, I'll still keep a list of all parts I used and extras on hand)

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Placed an order (deposit) for a 4 channel 500w amp. To be delivered by mid Feb. Only going to be using 3 channel for ML ESL-X (RL&C). I will post a review at that time. Purchase was heavily influenced by this thread’s Product Review and subsequent discussion.

Many thanks for the Content Contributors...

TomekNet

Has anyone ordered with delivery to Europe?

AdamG

Forum Donor
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, shipment to Europe is iffy. Not because of the cost, but the import rules for electronics. While everything I use for the builds is CE compliant/marked, I'm not sure what would happen if customs ever opened a package and saw my case. And I don't want to buy CE stickers just to fool customs.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Placed an order (deposit) for a 4 channel 500w amp. To be delivered by mid Feb. Only going to be using 3 channel for ML ESL-X (RL&C). I will post a review at that time. Purchase was heavily influenced by this thread’s Product Review and subsequent discussion.

Many thanks for the Content Contributors...

Update: Decided to go for 6 channel, 3 x “502” Modules. Pay once cry once. Thanks to
Buckeye Amps
for the flexibility to modify the original order.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I purchased one 8 channel 252MP and one 6 channel 502MP back in November. Communication and shipping were timely. Took me over a month to find the time to hook them up and both are working great as expected. May purchase another from Buckeye in the next year if I move to a 15 channel setup. Thank you

Hi ReciprocalSpace,

‘Follow up question(s) if you don’t mind. The 6 channel 502MP, what size housing is that in? And how does it run temperature wise? To gauge the load what speakers/ohms/sensitivity is it driving? Interested in hearing actual experience from an owner of a same type of unit I have ordered.

‘Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Razz81

Purchased a 4 channel 502. Will update when I receive it in a few weeks. Currently running a Crown XLS 1502 which really made my rf7 III sound a lot better than just using my Denon 6700. Great amp for the price. Want some peace of mind by switching to this amp to see if I can notice a difference after what I spent on the rest of the system. If it sounds as good as I hope then I will get 10 more channels to run the 6700 in full pre out mode for my 7.1.4 atmos setup.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Purchased a 4 channel 502. Will update when I receive it in a few weeks. Currently running a Crown XLS 1502 which really made my rf7 III sound a lot better than just using my Denon 6700. Great amp for the price. Want some peace of mind by switching to this amp to see if I can notice a difference after what I spent on the rest of the system. If it sounds as good as I hope then I will get 10 more channels to run the 6700 in full pre out mode for my 7.1.4 atmos setup.

Hi Razz81,

May I ask about the specific brand/model speakers you intend to run with this new 502 amp? Especially interested in their Ohm rating and Sensitivity. Thank you.

Razz81

Hi Razz81,

May I ask about the specific brand/model speakers you intend to run with this new 502 amp? Especially interested in their Ohm rating and Sensitivity. Thank you.

The 4 channel will power my 2 x Klipsch RF7 III and 1x Klipsch RC 64 II. Very sensitive speakers, but I listen at very high volume in a 20x20 living room. The denon 6700 sounded fine at medium volume, but when I cranked it the woofers on my towers would hardly move. After installing the Crown XLS 1502 the woofers came to life and I had to recalibrate my system since the other 9 channels had more power too. By taking the tower load off the Denon the whole system sounds better at high volume. More clarity. Not much change at lower volumes. I'm interested in going full pre out mode as the 6700 review on this site showed significant noise level differences in using the 6700 that way. We'll see.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Just an update: working on getting through orders ASAP. I am actually ahead of schedule on NC252MP orders, so don't be surprised if I gave you a long ETA and it ends up being completed sooner. For those with pending NC502MP orders, just waiting on Hypex to ship them out come Monday/Tuesday then I can start getting through those.

Thanks to everyone who has ordered I now have enough capital to *hopefully* place larger orders through Hypex and no longer run into backorder issues. Hopefully.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Just an update: working on getting through orders ASAP. I am actually ahead of schedule on NC252MP orders, so don't be surprised if I gave you a long ETA and it ends up being completed sooner. For those with pending NC502MP orders, just waiting on Hypex to ship them out come Monday/Tuesday then I can start getting through those.

Thanks to everyone who has ordered I now have enough capital to *hopefully* place larger orders through Hypex and no longer run into backorder issues. Hopefully.

Awesome, my speakers are up and wires run just awaiting the amp... Looking forward to listening to it!

I gave you a plug over on AVS (but made sure I had my order in first :) ).

Don't let coursework slide...

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Another quick update:

If at any point in threads or messages I ever referred to temperature in units of celsius it was a typo and was supposed to be fahrenheit.

For instance inside temps of the 6 channel NC502 or 8 channel NC252 when using an AC Infinity Aircom on the lowest setting is typically only 86-88F (not 86-88C as I may have mistyped responding to messages or post). Apologies as when I get out of lab I'm still stuck using metric sometimes.

With that said, I will at some point in the next batch of case manufacturing be adding small slot cutouts on the bottom plate for increased airflow. This will take a couple of months to make it into production, however.

For those with standard cases from me already, it isn't too big an issue for temps or even airflow. The case design is not sealed around the front/back panels or side rails so if using a top fan there is still places for air to be sucked in from. Not as freely as having cutouts. But for my own use case in my enclosed AV cabinet, it has not been an issue yet and I run 4ohm speakers off the 502's at reference level for movies.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps any plans to also offer a Purifi EVAL-1 in a Ghent case?

Top Bottom