• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What did we regret in our audio life.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
When I ripped all my CD's and LP's to a hard-drive I never took the time to enter in all the meta data telling me the what versions, etc; I had. Tons of excellent info now lost forever. :(
Not having 20/20 hindsight and seeing the value of many of the LP's I sold for peanuts. :facepalm:
Can't repeat a lot here

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I ripped all my CD's and LP's to a hard-drive I never took the time to enter in all the meta data telling me the what versions, etc; I had. Tons of excellent info now lost forever. :(
Not having 20/20 hindsight and seeing the value of many of the LP's I sold for peanuts. :facepalm:
Can't repeat a lot here

you can post edit those datas'
I'll check this w-e and give you link for a software

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Daverz

Major Contributor
you can post edit those datas'
I'll check this w-e and give you link for a software

Who wouldn't want that software!

I did try, for example, Picard (which is the GUI for MusicBrainz), but it had, at best, metatada for maybe 1/4 of my mostly classical collection.

scrubb

Forum Donor
Maybe I regret the hearing loss and permanent tinnitus. The ringing gets annoying sometimes and interferes with my enjoyment of quiet listening. On the other hand, playing my guitar at “11” in a punk band in my early 20’s, mixing sound (too loudly) for some great bands, and seeing some amazing shows was totally worth it. I see my tinnitus as a reminder of how much fun it all was.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

bt3

1. The years of youth/young adulthood listening to records at high volume.
2. Selling an autographed Duke Ellington record.
3. Selling a card signed by Charles Mingus.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Itsfred

Forum Donor
Back in the 70’s I had a Marantz 7C pre, 10B tuner, and two 9 monoblocks, driving a double pair of KLH 9’s previously owned by Tom Holman. And then my car died.

fitero

I bought a Kenwood KD-600 turntable (new), and fitted it with an SME Series III tonearm, then promptly broke it by plugging it into 220V when it was set for 110V. That cost a few bucks to fix. Oh, we aren't done here yet.
Not long after when I was bored with it, I traded it for a Nakamichi BX-300 deck that a buddy of mine had. I wish that I had hung on to that turntable.

threni

Major Contributor
Grado SR80 headphones. Audibly bright and brash, no bass to speak ok, uncomfortable AF. When they eventually broke I bought a pair of Sennheisers (HD 595, which I still have and use) and the difference in comfort is just hilarious. The Sennheisers are designed for the human ear, enveloping it pleasantly. The Grado... I dunno what to say; they sort of sit on the ear. You could probably force them into the gap for your ear within a normal pair of headphones. Making the headphone material out of close relative of sandpaper was a questionable decision too.

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Grado SR80 headphones. Audibly bright and brash, uncomfortable AF. When they eventually broke I bought a pair of Sennheisers (HD 595, which I still have and use) and the difference in comfort is just hilarious. The Sennheisers are designed for the human ear, enveloping it pleasantly. The Grado... I dunno what to say; they sort of sit on the ear. You could probably force them into the gap for your ear within a normal pair of headphones. Making the headphone material out of close relative of sandpaper was a questionable decision too.

Same exact experience.

Broke mine, replaced with Sennheisers.

The Grado SR80 headphones were the only headphones that ever cut my ears and made me bleed.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Never understood the Grado thing. Heard 'em in a store in the late '90s after having read that they were the "best". Shortly later I got a pair of HD600s, which I am still using (they are on their third pair of earpads and second cable).

Pluto

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What did we regret in our audio life?

About 2007, not buying a brand new Nagra T,

Nagra T.jpg

…still in its delivery packaging, from a professional post house who had ordered and paid for it before realising that such analogue kit had no future within that business. They wanted £300 for it. I had just moved at the time, and cash flow was a bit of an issue…

Top Bottom