• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
is there a list somewhere to see the next reviews coming ? im curious ^^ very enthousiast to see the DT 990 review
No, on purpose I don't publish such a list as priorities and order of things change all the time. And at any rate, I am too forgetful and disorganized to maintain such. :)

SpinifexV

I've bought quite a few headphones in the sub-$1k range, and I must say that my favorite thus far is the Hifiman HE-6SE v2, bought from Adorama at the reduced $699 price (see the link in the deals thread). Great frequency response (if bass light compared to the new Harman Curve) and very low distortion. Even my brand new Focal Elex is not on the same level.

AlexHempel

It's probably been said already, but I really want to see something from the Stax Lambda series. Stock frequency response isn't stellar, but they seem to take EQ quite well. Perhaps amplification is a bit of a challenge, I would be willing to send my L300 Limited with the SRD-7 transformer box that allows them to be driven with a speaker amp.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just saw this company on TikTok:
https://www.amazon.com/ZaanU-Headphones-Black/dp/B07KWMQZVK
It’s $45, but it’s not actually a headphone, it’s a “headphone adaptor” for Apple EarPods/AirPods (non-pro).

Their website claims it was designed by a former Apple engineer.
Amir, if you have any family members or friends close by that own iPhones, they no doubt have a pair of EarPods laying around that you could borrow. If not, $19 off Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-EarPods-3-5mm-Headphone-Plug/dp/B06X16Z7DZ

You could knock out 2 reviews; though not sure you want your first earphone review to be EarPods :p

Just a unique product that caught my eye.
_______
Also, how could you not be interested after reading their testimonials:
9EDCE7EE-F492-4039-83EB-7182CEF2463A.jpeg
:facepalm:

Jacona

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this headphone yet but I would like to see how the Borealis headphone performs on Amir's test bench.
This headphone was very polarizing when it came out. People saying it was a rip off because of the parts/materials being used in the build while costing $900.
However quite a few reviewers praised it for it technical performance and how it competes with more expensive headphones.

Jefrs

Hi Amirm, I absolutely love your work. I honestly think you are doing God‘s work in the audio community. I think sound is a very subjective field and the only way to analyze it is with data. I was wondering how you would review the DT1990 pro. I have had it for a couple of weeks but Would love your analysis on them!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi Amirm, I absolutely love your work. I honestly think you are doing God‘s work in the audio community. I think sound is a very subjective field and the only way to analyze it is with data. I was wondering how you would review the DT1990 pro. I have had it for a couple of weeks but Would love your analysis on them!
Thank you so much for kind words. It means a lot to me. Currently I have DT990 for testing. Let's get through that and hopefully someone sends in the 1990.

Jefrs

Thank you so much for kind words. It means a lot to me. Currently I have DT990 for testing. Let's get through that and hopefully someone sends in the 1990.
Np!and once again huge fan here! My only regret was that I majored in accounting instead of engineering in college lol. always looking forward to your reviews (on anything). Honestly I feel like it would be so beneficial to people (anyone thats interested in audio) if you made a youtube channel Based on your reviews. People need to hear what you have analyzed and the work you have put in. There are so many people making review videos On YouTube on amps, dac, speakers and headphones with no proof, no data, with nothing. If You were to make videos based on your analysis and expertise, I think you will dominate the field. But I am pretty sure you probably heard this and have your own reasons. Anyways if you ever do decide to make a YouTube channel, I will be your first sub!

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Np!and once again huge fan here! My only regret was that I majored in accounting instead of engineering in college lol. always looking forward to your reviews (on anything). Honestly I feel like it would be so beneficial to people (anyone thats interested in audio) if you made a youtube channel Based on your reviews. People need to hear what you have analyzed and the work you have put in. There are so many people making review videos On YouTube on amps, dac, speakers and headphones with no proof, no data, with nothing. If You were to make videos based on your analysis and expertise, I think you will dominate the field. But I am pretty sure you probably heard this and have your own reasons. Anyways if you ever do decide to make a YouTube channel, I will be your first sub!
I'm certainly no expert on creating YouTube vids as I never have, but I imagine it's a bit of time suck if you're doing that in addition to written reviews. Also the more scientific slant of the reviews including graphs probably lend themselves better to written reviews where people can spend as much or as little time skimming the graphs and main sections......once you've read a couple of reviews its probably more efficient time wise by reading a review rather than watching a vid that is going at it's own pace. Having said that, there may be an area or two where a vid might help.....maybe a short vid showing or describing a certain aspect of a speaker....something you can only really do visually rather than with the written word, but I'd be surprised if they would be the replacement for a main review. I'm just thinking aloud and of course can't speak for Amir, that's just my impression though.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Prepare to be disappointed with the famous M50X. No idea how they became the most popular budget audiophile headphone, my brother owns one (well, the older M50, which to my knowledge is the same sound), and I forget who described it as such, but gives me a claustrophobic feeling, like male vocals just sound off. Wasn’t surprised by what RTings measured:
View attachment 104438
I have a pair of m50x I can loan to Amir if people want him to get them. @amirm let me know via pm when the time comes.

Hidde

I would love to see some ANC headphones to be tested. The sony WH1000 mx4 or bose 700 for instance. Both are very popular.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I would love to see some ANC headphones to be tested. The sony WH1000 mx4 or bose 700 for instance. Both are very popular.
I have the Akg N900 that I will test.

Hidde

I have the Akg N900 that I will test.
Awesome. Any plans on also testing the noise canceling features? Or will you test them like any other headphones tested so far?

I can understand that testing noise canceling is a bit difficult and there is nothing wrong with your testing so far (I really appreciate it actually :) ). It's just that when you buy an ANC headphone, you pay for those features.

Top Bottom