• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Frio

So there is no diy fix. Zoll.de has a calculator for custom fees

Jack

I bought my L30 through Drop/Massdrop, hopefully they will acknowledge the faults and replace units as well. But who knows with their support.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can someone post a screenshot? For people who don't have facebook, the link doesnt work.

Works for me on Chrome on both Windows and Android, and I don't use Facebook.

Hit the X to close out the login pop up, and then scroll down the page to view the post.

Veri

Master Contributor

Zikeee

I paid - got recompensated by shenzen audio for it - 75e for a order or 230e e30+l30. So im guessing from USA would be kinda same, except they wont reimburs the fees. Why is there no EU amp/dac manufacturer that sells quality products for resonable prices.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Why is there no EU amp/dac manufacturer that sells quality products for resonable prices.
I really really liked my Arcam rHead, but sadly sold it to a friend for some SMSL stuff :/ Not available anywhere now.

Sukie

Forum Donor
Anyhow, anyone here ordered from JDS or schiit to EU, how much was import taxes and other fees?
I purchased an Atom HPA straight from JDS To UK. Had to pay import VAT and handling charge. Total additional cost was £33.59. You also have to factor in postage. That cost me $39.99. I paid extra for FedEx International Priority and it only too about 3 days to arrive.

All in all, it cost me around £140 (I think).
I had bought my Atom, back when I owned one, from these guys here: https://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/search?type=product&q=atom EU*
But they have since raised prices, and with brexit and everything the only good near-EU supplier is probably no longer your best bet...
Not often seen it in stock with hifiheadphones.co.uk, at least not recently.

Zikeee

I purchased an Atom HPA straight from JDS To UK. Had to pay import VAT and handling charge. Total additional cost was £33.59. You also have to factor in postage. That cost me $39.99. I paid extra for FedEx International Priority and it only too about 3 days to arrive.

All in all, it cost me around £140 (I think).

Not often seen it in stock with hifiheadphones.co.uk, at least not recently.

I went to JDS page and selected atom chose my country atom amp is 99$ to my country postage is 44$ + import fees , yikes.

Zikeee

Theres JDS Element II on amazon that sells to my country, 450e tho. While review on this site says amp is amazing, dac not so much.
Is element II worth it as amp/dac stack for a sensitive low Ohm HP and also 600Ohm ones?

Frio

Why is there no EU amp/dac manufacturer that sells quality products for resonable prices.
Because they can't compete, and people only look to get the cheapest stuff, geiz ist geil. Higher Tier manufacturer are doing well. Monoprice Monolith is available in Berlin.

ninetylol

Because they can't compete, and people only look to get the cheapest stuff, geiz ist geil. Higher Tier manufacturer are doing well. Monoprice Monolith is available in Berlin.
Well geiz ist geil is also more and more the status quo for resellers who are setting prices like scalpers are. Monoprice offered THX 887 yesterday for 330 and now that many people need a new amp they pushed price sky high again. No Thanks.

Kamarlo

My local dealer asked me to send my L30 (2010) to them for an exchange. I was suprised that they also have new batch 2012 units ready so it should be a quick exchange for me.
I wonder if the new improved batch is going to fix this whole thing about (possibly ESD) damaged L30 or if it's only going to prevent headphone and possible ear damage if the L30 gets damaged.

Zikeee

I mean in 2020/1 we have options that are insane level of clean and power dac and amp for ~100e each. That liquid platinum looks great tho.

Jose Hidalgo

OK, so Topping cleared things up, and now people are contacting their sellers asking for an exchange.

What puzzles me is that @JohnYang1997 kindly said in this very thread that we'd have to wait at least for the february batch (2102) to incorporate the latest protections. So why ask now for an exchange and receive a 2012 or even a 2101, when we would need at least a 2102 for peace of mind ?

Topping needs to clarify this.

Last edited:

Frio

Monoprice offered THX 887 yesterday for 330
Oh yeah you are right. Well I got lucky once, it just arrived.

mean in 2020/1 we have options that are insane level of clean and power dac and amp for ~100e each.

Do we? I mean that is not the first issue on that class they are really designed on the edge band we don't know how long they hold up. Selling those will be a pain in the butt with that publicity. So it is a complete loss if it fails after some years.

Moderate Dionysianism

Well geiz ist geil is also more and more the status quo for resellers who are setting prices like scalpers are. Monoprice offered THX 887 yesterday for 330 and now that many people need a new amp they pushed price sky high again. No Thanks.
This.

I put the 887 in my shopping cart yesterday and I was sure I was hallucinating when I saw that it's almost 80 eur more today (408)...

I'm all for maintaining fair wages and I understand that good engineering has its price, but we saw a thousand times on this forum that this industry's problem is pushing overpriced and underperforming status symbols rather than price dumping.

Last edited:

threni

Major Contributor
Do we? I mean that is not the first issue on that class they are really designed on the edge band we don't know how long they hold up. Selling those will be a pain in the butt with that publicity. So it is a complete loss if it fails after some years.

Yes, we manifestly and objectively do; you can read the reviews on this site for details. I'm afraid you've lost me with "designed on the edge band" but the parent is correct, you can get a great amp for next to nothing. Why do you care what the resale value of a budget amp is? An amp is something you typically keep until it fails. I remember paying £350 or so for a NAD amp in the 1980's which kept requiring repairs; that's around £1000 in today's money.

Roland68

Major Contributor

Quomz

OK, so Topping cleared things up, and now people are contacting their sellers asking for an exchange.

What puzzles me is that @JohnYang1997 kindly said in this very thread that we'd have to wait at least for the february batch (2102) to incorporate the latest protections. So what would be the use in asking for an exchange and receiving a 2012 or even a 2101, when we would need at least a 2102 for peace of mind ?

Topping needs to clarify this.
I think you read that wrong. December batch has changes due to a case of failure from November, any changes done to the design NOW would be effective in units produced February at the earliest.

Top Bottom